itv Hub Now TV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
northandsouth
Resident

itv Hub Now TV

Postby northandsouth » Fri May 08, 2020 9:50 am

I have a client using a black Now TV box 2016 vintage, she says she hasn't been able to get live itv 1 on it for some time.

Live itv 2, 3, 4 etc are on there but itv1 just doesn't exist. itv 1 catchup is on there, although in typical itv hub fashion not that much is available. :(
All the other UK catch ups are there and working fine.

I can't get to her because of the lock down restrictions, and I don't use a Now box any longer so can't compare it.

She has rebooted everything and I talked her through deleting the app and reinstalling it but still the same.

Anyone have any ideas?

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: itv Hub Now TV

Postby SpanishBlue » Fri May 08, 2020 11:53 am

She is not looking for a channel that doesn't exist is she?

It might be worth reminding her that ITV1 changed it's name to ITV some time ago.

It might sound obvious to many, but to elderly people in particular, they are not always aware that the name was changed and wonder why they no longer can see ITV1.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri May 08, 2020 2:03 pm

That's correct
After a check, the channels available are ITV, ITV2, ITV Be, ITV 3, ITV 4 and C ITV
ITV is the main ITV channel

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Fri May 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks for that, I do understand that about itv 1 changing to itv a while back, I only called it 1 on here to differentiate from the others.
The only live channels showing are itv2 3 4 etc itv does not show. She showed me on video chat and it definitely is not there.

In any case something must be awry and hopefully I may be allowed to go there from Monday if the law permits.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri May 08, 2020 5:36 pm

I very much doubt that you could do anything about it. Obviously the ITV Hub is installed and working, it’s just that the hub is not offering you live itv. That is almost certainly a problem with the app. They keep changing things and some devices stay OK and others don’t. At least you have catch up.

Sid

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sat May 09, 2020 5:33 pm

Well she was talking about buying a new now TV stick, maybe that's the best bet

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:49 pm

SOLVED!

I managed to go to her villa today, and discovered that the location setting for itv hub had for some reason changed to Glasgow, so the default itv would have been STV. Don't know why or how it happened, but changing the location to an English postcode restored the main itv channel to the hub again.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 pm

That's good to know. It's not clear If you are in Spain or not but if so, don't forget to tell her that C4 and its sister channels can now be watched live in the app,