Freesat Transponder on Humax problem

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Freesat Transponder on Humax problem

Postby fyfin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:44 pm

I just made a huge mistake. I have a Humax box FoxSat HDR which has been working absolutely fine. When we have different people stay in the apartment I have tuned it to their region by entering their postcode. Never a problem until now.
I just tried to do the same thing as I've done before and it's stuck in finding postcode. Of course no problem doing a manual search as there's a strong signal but not much help as loads of channels and all out of order etc.

So I brought it to my house from the apartment and tried it here and exactly the same. I found some old info on the forum and guessed the problem is the Freesat transponder than downloads the EPG and the signal for postcodes. I haven't got the same one in the list but i'm guessing the one I have 11427H 27500 2/3 is the right one and I'm getting absolutely no signal.

Is there anything I can do as my wife is rather annoyed with me as it's her friends from Liverpool moving in soon. I really wish I hadn't touched the damn thing but it's not been an issue before, so I thought a quick 5 minute job.

Any ideas appreciated. I saw a very old post saying that the lnb could be tweaked but I'm worried that would lose other channels and obviously I wouldn't do it myself lol, I'm in enough trouble as it is.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Freesat Transponder on Humax problem

Postby El Cid » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:41 pm

I thought Freesat stopped years ago down here in the south

Sid

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Is there a reset to factory settings option with the Humax box?
I would try that.

Yes there is page 55 of the manual

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/wp-content/ ... _300GB.pdf

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:58 am

Sid, Fyfin is in Turre which has borderline reception.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:00 am

As far as I am aware, Freesat transponder is still 11427H 27500 2/3...it was when i last did a freesat scan the other day.
So perhaps a small dish or LNB adjustment may help get it back...but yes, playing around with alignments may mean you lose other weaker signals..

(any one else having problems with "quick reply"...it did not like to accept my quick replies at all? Had to use "reply")
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:32 am

Hi,
Just a TEST for Quick Reply.............................

Added:: Seems OK............. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.