BT sport monthly pass

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

BT sport monthly pass

Postby snorbs » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:34 am

I am looking at signing up for this service.
Has anyone used it in Spain using DNS or VPN?
Equally I couldnt see if you could use it on more than one device at same time

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: BT sport monthly pass

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:24 pm

From what I know, It isn't easy. With a DNS it normally only works on a computer but due to the newish rules to allow people to be able to use paid services anywhere in the EU, it might be possible.

I actually have SkyGo with BT Sport and can watch with no DNS or VPN as long as someone is using the service regularly in the UK so that might be the way to go. I don't pay because my brother allows me to use his account.

The BT app has appeared on many Smart TV services but I don't know anyone who has tried to use one of them in Spain so if you do try, could you tell the forum how you got on and which app you used?

To watch the English Premier league, FA cup and the championship in Spain, DAZN has all the Sky and BT matches as well as a 3 o clock match and the Championship costing 9.99 Euros a month but no Champions League.

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:56 pm

From what I can see the BT sport app is available on PlayStation, Xbox, NOW TV devices, Apple TV and selected Smart TVs, or Chromecast Ultra.
I was planning to look at Samsung smart tv app but would be interested to hear if anyone has tried before getting a UK based family member to subscribe.
I already use DAZN which is fine but as you say currently no Champions league.
Champions league was the main reason for looking at the BT App,
Not sure if DAZN can make a deal with Movistar to add Champions league to DAZN package this season.
We dont have Movistar fibre coverage where I live so cant subscribe to watch Champions league from them.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:20 pm

My son has a PlayStation on which we have Sky Go installed. There are companies which offer Sky Go as a standalone for subscribers outside the UK. If you can find one that offers the same package as I have with both Sky and BT, I know that definitely works. I think it's possible to use it on about 5 different gadgets and 2 at the same time,

To watch on a big screen, only a computer or a game consul works whereas it is not possible to mirror and use a lead from phones or tablets

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:21 pm

yes i would prefer to use the BT sports app on Samsung tv from UK Samsung app store.
If your UK based family member who subscribes on your behalf has BT internet the cost is just GBP 15 per month

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:09 pm

If someone does it on your behalf and uses it from time to time in the UK, then it should work in Spain without a DNS or VPN. The only problem being Brexit and if the Media companies decide to block its use outside the UK again.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/can-i-use-my ... bscription.

Good luck and don't forget to tell the forum how you got on.

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:13 pm

I am going to wait to see if a provider in Spain comes with a monthly pass like mitele plus had last year for champions league.
I would rather do things here in Spain rather than involving non techy family in UK and DNS / VPN possibly etc