Radio Fusion Inicia

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Radio Fusion Inicia

Postby olive » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:38 pm

Having experienced unlimited 70 meg internet in the UK , I decided to consolidate our products and go for Movistar bundle.

Unsurprisingly Movistar haven't covered themselves in glory. I dare say this isnt the norm. Ordered the radio product 4 th August. Since then I have been through the initial process a further two times including the recording. Each time the pending order dates got changed. The first two times the order got put down as Fibre/ copper and not Radio. Maybe they didn't actually have the kit and were trying to avoid failing some install targets

Anyway last week received a call. Coming Friday after 4 pm to do the install. They confirmed our location using SIGPAC. No one came . Today received a call to say we are dropping your package off at the local petrol station! Collected it and it contained the router which includes the4G sim card and instructions on setting up. Half an hour later and the internet and landline element are working fine.

Anyone else got Radio Fusion package? Did a technico visit to do the insttall? I understand they fit a booster aerial if the mobile signal isn't adequate. How did you get your Mobile phone SIMs? Correos? Finally what did they actually install to provide the TV channels? Telboy have you got this Radio product?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Radio Fusion Inicia

Postby olive » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Does anyone know if Movistar 4G router with this Service allow 3rd party DNS services? Eg Smart DNS

It is the WNC WLD 71 T1.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi olive,
Try it and see if it works........... login to the Router , if you don't know the IP of the Router...........

fire up a CMD prompt and type ipconfing /all it may be Example .....192.168.8.1

Then type the IP into a Browser and try username admin password admin

Or Google your Router Model for more info............. :!:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 pm

It is 168.8.1. I found buried in nternet a user manual.

Have been onto DNS support and checked ipV6 , dns relay, UPnP and unicasting features are disabled. Restarted router.

Still showing on smart Dns proxy login ad “setup”.iplayer and all4 dont work . Need deleting and reinstalling when I have smart dns. How do you prove smart dns is actually working?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi olive,
CMD ipconfig /all should show up the Smart DNS numbers............

I'll look in detail tomorrow as my systems are shutting down now...........bed time......... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Olive - Sorry I hadn't replied sooner, been in the UK since 8 Sept got only back yesterday.

We signed up to Movistar Fusion Radio service about 2 years ago after our previous supplier Iberbanda folded in. We went in person to a Movistar shop on the coast, we thought it would be easier to communicate face to face with an English speaking salesperson. At the store SIM cards where installed in our Smart phones keeping our original mobile numbers, we were also able to plug our landline phone into the new router and keep our original landline number. Installation date was for a week later, an engineer arrived with the router and set it up (easy just plug and play), we didn't need a booster antenna as we were in view of radio mast at Zagra. Our package didn't include the TV as it wasn't an option then, however, our neighbours who signed up for the same package 6 months later had to take the TV as as part of the deal. A different engineer appeared at a later date to install the TV set up, this needed a small sat dish.

Sorry can't help you with the 3rd party DNS issue.

terry

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

I bet it is a culture shock and a relief to be back.

Thanks for the info. Current situation is that the router works well and has for nearly three weeks. I plugged the phone into the router and that works but we will probably never use it.

I had a pm which was helpful. I am now going to do a reclamaciion de pedido on mi movistar which should elicit:

Two SIMs in the post.
An engineer visit to instal a sat dish ( that will be the fourth on house!) cable and a set top box.

I will ask the technico if I can have a static IP address to make DNS proxy a bit easier. I will report back on that later.. Bit disappointing thatDnS proxy services don’t support 4G routers.

The 3g/4G signal is quite adequate for streaming

A general question. For those folk with a Spanish Ip on any type of broadband, do you subscribe to say Spanish netflix and set language to English for complex programmes/films? Or is everyone on dns proxy or vpn service

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:23 am

Many DNS servers don't wok well Netflix. One that does most of the time is SmartDNS, which I have set to the USA. However I also have another router with no DNS settings and on this one it automatically goes to the Spanish version and cannot be changed anywhere else inside the EU anyway because of the fact that for paid services, there is no geo-blocking, meaning that if you use Netflix while visiting the UK, you will still get the Spanish version unless Brexit changes this.

It isn't a problem though as I have set English as my default language and most of what I watch comes up in English. There are some benefits to having the Spanish version as many co-BBC and Netflix productions are on Netflix Spain and some are in 4K, whereas on the BBC, there are often in HD only.

I seem to remember you having a fire stick and it is rather simple to set up a DNS or VPN on one. As far as I know, only a Now TV box or Chromecast doesn't allow a DNS to be set up on the actual gadget.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:50 am

Thanks for that Mark.

I do indeed have an Amazon firestick. I deliberately havent wheeled it out while I have been trying to get smart dns proxy working on either router in case the Apps get “ poisoned” through being outside area.

I am now thinking my old router is faulty. Next stage is to set up a device with DNS and test that.