Loss of some Spanish TV Channels

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
telboy
Resident

Loss of some Spanish TV Channels

Postby telboy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:54 am

This morning some of my Spanish TV channels have gone eg Antena3, GOL, MAX, etc. I've had this happen before with my older Samsun Smart TV now the same with my LG Smart TV. I use a standard TV aerial, all the cabling is OK, I've re-scanned the programme tunings still no luck.

Any Ideas?

terry

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Loss of some Spanish TV Channels

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:10 pm

I've got an LG Smart TV and the Spanish channels come and go all the time. Some work in the afternoon but don't in the evening, and vice versa. I've put it down to the fact we live in a valley, but why ours disappear according to different times of the day I don't know.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:43 pm

I lose reception for some every so often aswell . Just an old normal telle so i just do a full retune and they normally come back after one or two attempts

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:45 am

Perhaps your aerial is not aligned correctly, or your cable is bad (sun cracked cable letting in water), or you need a mast head amplifer to help you get the signals
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:38 pm

I thought it was only me that had this problem. Had the same both on a Panasonic and a LG. I have changed the cable and amp. Tried 2 different transmitters (as we are midway between Cordoba & Seville.) All to no avail. Channels come and go . I can have 100% signal and quality strength one day in the morning then 0% in the evening, not always the same channels are affected. Very strange.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:54 am

Wicksey wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:10 pm I've got an LG Smart TV and the Spanish channels come and go all the time. Some work in the afternoon but don't in the evening, and vice versa. I've put it down to the fact we live in a valley, but why ours disappear according to different times of the day I don't know.
I have Samsung TVs but a friend has an LG smart tv and needs help getting itv and C4 apps. Any idea how to download them please. The tv is the one with the remote acting as a mouse.Thanks in advance.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:36 am

" a friend has an LG smart tv and needs help getting itv and C4 apps. Any idea how to download them please"
You cannot download apps into the LG browser AFAIK. It may be possible using a Firestick but in any case it would be geo-blocked unless he has a VPN or DNS.
I use TVMucho on an LG loading it each time from the web - not exactly click & go byt gets us some UK tv.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:40 am

Costakid, when I changed my location to the UK on my LG TV it automatically installed all the UK catch up channels.

However, on mine you can also go into the 'LG Content' app on the list of apps that comes up when I press the 'Home' button on the remote (I haven't got the special remote, just the normal one). In the content store there is 'Explore Freeview Play' which has the individual UK catch-up apps to install. My TV is a few years old now so may be a different set up to your friends. (Occasionally when one of the catch-up apps doesn't work (usually has been the BBC iPlayer) I uninstall it then use this method to find the app to re-install it.)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:46 am

peteroldracer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:36 am " a friend has an LG smart tv and needs help getting itv and C4 apps. Any idea how to download them please"
You cannot download apps into the LG browser AFAIK. It may be possible using a Firestick but in any case it would be geo-blocked unless he has a VPN or DNS.
I use TVMucho on an LG loading it each time from the web - not exactly click & go byt gets us some UK tv.
Peter, see my reply to Costakid above. The apps are in the TV but you need to change your location in the set-up page to the UK. I use Smartdnsproxy and for a modest yearly fee have a DNS in the router so I can use the catch up. It's well worth it and we use it a lot. Can't you get normal TV through a dish there in Murcia? Otherwise for live TV we have the intelsat907.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am

Thanks everyone. I am trying to do this remotely as they live quite away from me but need help LOL

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:35 am

" Can't you get normal TV through a dish there in Murcia? "
It needs a big ugly dish and being a townhouse it would take over a very usable top-floor patio, so IPTV is the only real option. We are trying to get fibre 100Mbps broadband in, but the access tube for the cable to the house is blocked by rubble (when the council remade the pavements a couple of years back) so we need to get that cleared first.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:14 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:35 am " Can't you get normal TV through a dish there in Murcia? "
It needs a big ugly dish ....
Sounds like the 1.3m one we still have attached to the side of our house :lol: We still use the ancient Sky box for the EPG and a few channels we have left like Pick and Sky News. I have around 8mbps and the TV catch-up works perfectly. I'll never get 100 up here in the hills :(