SIM Card Internet

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jogger
Resident

SIM Card Internet

Postby jogger » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm

I have a local village guy supplying our internet via a little dish thing outside connected to a double aerial modem inside but not great. In our street movistar can't supply internet down a cable and last time i used them for a year or so, i had an extortionate fee for a 3G plug in modem which had speeds of about 2mb on a good day, not worth 80 per month even with the TV and sim cards. I notice that when I use my UK Vodafone for internet connection the speeds are superior to anything but they have told me from next year January they will be putting the fair use policy into play and charging after 2 weeks use in Spain, so I've gave notice on that and I have one option I've enquired about, getting a UK Lebara sim unlimited data for use abroad (I think) I've emailed them.

Is there a sim deal I can get with 4K unlimited data for a modem in Spain? Does anybody else get their internet this way?

Thanks

Roy

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: SIM Card Internet

Postby olive » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:18 pm

We have Movistar Fusion Rural ( radio) . Unlimited internet and it performs to its 10 mb down and 700k up. Works fine with video Skype with 7 participants.

4G internet ( a good SIM router which also provides a fixed landline ) The IP address changes often which makes using a DNS service quite tricky.

A plus ( or a minus) is it is only available s part of One three packages. Mobile phone(s) and tv. The unlimited element on the mobile doesn’t include to UK. You can add 100 mins uk for 5 euros a month. TV is quite good. Small sat dish or use existing nd a set top box which includes recording.

If you go ahead don’t order over the phone. Instead go to one of their shops.

We. Had 3G in the past and it didn’t perform well. Think it is an issue with contention rates. They went slow at peak rates.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:10 pm

Thanks Olive, I'll look at that.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:39 pm

These days many companies now offer unlimited GBs as part of a package. With my local IP we have three phones with no limit and as I can have an extra sim with each of them. I use one in a MiFi router for my office. I think it's worth looking around and if you aren't using an adblocker, some adverts will appear at the top of A.com's pages which might be a good place to start.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks Mark