SPEAKERS NOT WORKING

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

SPEAKERS NOT WORKING

Postby patricia » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Speakers are not working now!! tried everything, changed the port, looked up everything, but the computer doesnt have the name of my speakers in, but I cannot change the name to read HP speakers. :problem:

Thank god for subtitles I will be looking at the TV this evening reading those. :thumbup:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: SPEAKERS NOT WORKING

Postby Screagle » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Patricia, this happened to me recently on Windows 7 Pro after I swapped the HDD for a SSD. There was an error message on restart alerting me to missing audio hardware so through Device Manager and was able to get audio working by uninstalling equivalent audio drivers which then re-installed by themselves resolving the problem.

This may not work for you if you've not seen any alerts but if you expand all your devices you might see some tiny yellow triangles which may point you to the cause of the problem. This is of couse assuming that Enrique has not sorted this for you already...

Saludos

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: SPEAKERS NOT WORKING

Postby patricia » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:35 pm

Hello Screagle, Thank you for your post. That is interesting that it happened to you. No idea what happened as I was using them the day before, but the next day had no sound. :o

I do not really know what happened. If you sent into sound you couldn't do anything. The computer wasn't recognising them!! :shock:

But Enrique sorted it out for me thankfully! :thumbup:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"