Renewing Certificado FNMT

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Granite
Andalucia.com Amigo

Renewing Certificado FNMT

Postby Granite » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:11 pm

We have recently received emails notifying us that our digital certificates will expire in May and giving information/links on how to renew them. The certificates have not been renewed in the past I have followed the process including downloading the required software. The best result to date has been to get as far as completing the boxes for passwords which resulted in another page which included amongst other information my name and NIE and asking for boxes to be completed for address, post code etc. I confirm the information is correct and then finally press the Firmar button. Cannot get any further as I receive message "time in order to receive signature expired."

I have tried using Linux Mint with Firefox - this method has produced error messages earlier in the process suggesting I talk to my system administrator and I do talk to myself! I have tried using Windows 8.0 with both Firefox and Chrome. Using Chrome has got me to the final Firmar stage. I have changed cookie settings, reset browsers and consumed a lot of red wine.

Is the process often a problem? A tad frustrating - any suggestions gratefully received.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Renewing Certificado FNMT

Postby Enrique » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi Granite,

Is it more than two months before your (Digital Signatures) Expire :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Granite
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Granite » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 pm

Hi Enrigue,

They expire 09/05/2021 so no.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 pm

I hate to have to say this but try Edge or IE. I haven't renewed one since the new requirement to enter a password at the time of application rather than when you export it from the browser but I have recently applied for a new one which I ended up having to do on Edge.

I have to renew one for someone in early May so if you have not managed it by then I will let you know what happens and go through it step by step if necessary.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:19 pm

Hi,

From the Site...........

Latest version of any of the following browsers:

Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Microsoft EDGE
Opera
Safari

There doesn't appear for them to need any configuration changes .

From the last line in the FAQ..........Is this still valid.

:!: :!: :!: Certificates are now renewed for four years but if the date of accreditation of your identity was more than five years ago you will not be able to renew it online. You will need to make a new application and re-accredit your identity. :!: :!: :!:

How many times have you renewed :?:

Beachcomber:: Can you please completely rewrite ( when you have successfully Renewed one) the FAQ "Renewing Digital Certificate Online " as it's way out of date.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Yes, I know. Whenever I try to add something it changes again.

The requirement to re-establish one's identity on the second renewal had been suspended but I am not sure of the current situation. The one I have to renew has already been renewed once so I will find out then. Granite says that the certificates have not been renewed in the past.

It would not work for me in Firefox neither was I able to import the new certificate into Pale Moon although all the others still work. I don't know about Chrome, I have never had to resort to it.

Granite
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Granite » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi,
Had several more attempts at obtaining renewed certificates, all failed at some point in the process. I loaded Edge into my Windows 8.0 which is no longer supported but it seemed to install and work OK. Again failed at last hurdle following the "Firmar" stage. Same message - An embedded page at apuc20.cert.fnmt.es says - El tiempo para la recepcion de la firma por la pagina web ha expirado" Frustrating not understanding what the problem is. However, to be pragmatic it is not a big issue as we use the certificates rarely and there is always Cl@ve which I understand is easy to obtain if necessary.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Hi Granite,

"there is always Cl@ve which I understand is easy to obtain if necessary.".......... even easier if you have a current Digital Signature.... so get one now.

see............ https://clave.gob.es/clave_Home/en/registro.html

Hopefully Beachcomber will renew one soon......... and get any issues sorted ( he has the ear of the IT Dept.)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:01 pm

I think you can only get a Cl@ve if you have a green sheet/card or TIE because you need a 'número de soporte'. If you use the number from the green sheet then obtain a TIE the Cl@ve could stop working.

I had this problem because I had to use the number from my old expired residence permit then it became invalid some time after they started issuing green sheets. The only way I could resolve this was by visiting the IT department in Málaga AEAT office which is when I established some contacts. (Especially the attractive young lady assistant who knew far more about it than her boss!) The whole experience is described in another post somewhere on ADC.

You also need a Spanish mobile telephone number. With a Cl@ve Pin you need the phone every time you use it but you only need it once when registering for a Cl@ve Permanente.

Granite
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Granite » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:40 pm

Thanks -I will ponder all the comments. Have not got the TIE yet because we took the view there was no urgency or legal need and best to wait till after we have the vaccine.

Re the Cl@ve I have a note on file dating back to May 2017 that C0 needs to be added before the NIE number when applying?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:51 pm

Hi Granite,

"Re the Cl@ve I have a note on file dating back to May 2017 that C0 needs to be added before the NIE number when applying?"

(I have note too, circa 2019) prefix on the Numero de soporte e.g C01234567 from my Green Form

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:22 am

But does that still apply if you use the número de soporte from the TIE? I don't know!

One other thing about the Cl@ve and the requirement for a Spanish mobile. I think you need a separate mobile number for each Cl@ve so a husband and wife cannot use the same number.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:39 am

Hi,

" I think you need a separate mobile number for each Cl@ve so a husband and wife cannot use the same number."

That was correct as of end 2019.......... surprised no Members (10k+) have an up to date take on this.

Granite
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Granite » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:31 pm

Update - My wife and I now have a Cl@ve each using our own mobile numbers. It was an easy and quick process using our current digital certificates. When tested on the DGT site to check my points I needed to input my NIE and Support number to obtain the Pin on the App.
Re renewing the digital certificates still no joy. The combination of using Windows 8.0 and Edge seemed to get me through the procedure better than other options -Linux/Firefox, Windows/Firefox/Chrome. Again failed at final "firmar" when timed out.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:08 am

Hi Granite,
The following popped up this morning on my radar............when renewing your Digital Signature turn off completely your Anti-Virus

Which Anti-Virus are you using :?:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 am

Beachcomber wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:22 am But does that still apply if you use the número de soporte from the TIE? I don't know!

I helped some neighbours set up Clave PIN 2 weeks ago. Both new residents last year.
He has NIE green card. No issue with número soporte etc. Registered in 30 seconds
She has TIE ...followed on screen instructions and it didn't work. The input box only takes 9 characters so no room for C0 prefix.

Anyway there was a helpline number so I called it and got a complete shock.
Answered within moments, explained the issue. Places on hold for 30 seconds then asked to try to register again and it worked straight away

Yes you still need the app on separate phones, each phone is unique.

Having said that...still waiting for the activation code to arrive!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:26 pm

But the green sheet/card is destroyed when the TIE is issued which will have a different número de soporte so the Cl@ave may stop working as happened to me a couple of years ago when they decided that the number on my old residence card was not valid. If I can find that post detailing my experiences I will repost it.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:29 pm

I found it here. I cannot believe it was four years ago:
Beachcomber wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:27 pm The problem with a non-resident obtaining a 'Certificado de Registro de ciudadano de la unión' is that it is one of the criteria used by AEAT, rightly or wrongly, when they are trying to determine whether a person should be paying tax as a resident rather than a non-resident.

When I originally obtained my Cl@ve Permanente in 2012 it would not accept the number on the certificate as the 'número de soporte' and AEAT IT told me to use the number on my old residencia card. I did and it worked even though the card had expired five years earlier. Then, earlier this year it stopped working and I received an error message to the effect that the document from which the number was obtained had expired and that I had to renew it!

I tried using the number on my green sheet but it would not accept it, not even with the extra 0. Luckily I had just renewed my digital certificate which I use regularly in preference to the Cl@ve because it took me nearly a week to get the Cl@ve situation sorted out. I contacted AEAT IT on Skype but they just took me through the normal procedure which I already done several times and which I knew would end with an error message. They insisted that the número soporte was correct and had no explanation for the error message.

I had to make an appointment in the tax office where I saw a woman who immediately reminded me of 'Grandma' in the Giles cartoons. She threw her hands up in horror and said she did not know what to do and that I should go to the IT department so I went up the stairs to the hallowed grounds of the IT department where I saw the boss who had no idea what I was talking about and suggested that I should get a digital certificate instead.

Then an attractive young lady returned from her breakfast break and took charge. She delved into the depths of her computer and said that the número de suporte of my residence card (and that of my wife) had been annulled by someone from CNP because it was out of date and that was why my Cl@ve would not work. She could not rectify the error from her computer and said I needed to see someone downstairs whom I immediately recognised as 'Grandma'. She saw my look of horror and said she would come with me and explain to Grandma what needed to be done. I finally ended up with a printout of the number from my green sheet with an extra 0 and a new code with which to enter the system for both my wife and myself.

When I got home I went through the process again and finally got both of our Cl@ves to work. Renewing our digital certificates was a doddle by comparison.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:26 pm But the green sheet/card is destroyed when the TIE is issued which will have a different número de soporte so the Cl@ave may stop working as happened to me a couple of years ago when they decided that the number on my old residence card was not valid. If I can find that post detailing my experiences I will repost it.
In my case there was never any green card for my friend...she was a new resident last year and only ever had a TIE....but somehow her TIE number was not set up correctly to use Clave PIN.

I almost fell off my seat when it was fixed in 30 seconds

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 am He has NIE green card. No issue with número soporte etc.
Perhaps I misunderstood!