Renewing Certificado FNMT

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Renewing Certificado FNMT

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 pm

So I said above it was fixed in 30 seconds...well it wasn't.

The code never arrived in the post. They are waiting for the activation code for 4 weeks and still no show.

Should I just repeat the process again?

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat May 01, 2021 8:16 am

Had an email to say Digital Certificate runs our and i can renew it online . The process works all the way through to the final stage when i press Firma , nothing happens and eventually get a time out notification in Spanish . Tried it with Opera and Chrome which was the browser used to install it originally , cleared cookies and done all the normal things but still cant get it to send the request .

I have been trying to do the renewal now for over 3 weeks and it runs out in a few days so unless i can find the cause then i will be forced to apply for fresh ones .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat May 01, 2021 9:44 am

Hi AkoAko,

Hopeful Beachcomber will be along with a solution as he has encountered this in the past.

Meanwhile try a few things............... only do the following for this Exercise

# Make sure your Browser Allows POP ups

# Turn off your Anti -virus

# Try Edge and Firefox Browsers........ you will need to Import Certificate(s) if you don't normally use these Browsers.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 01, 2021 10:37 am

Have you run the configuration program? Have you already renewed it once? I haven't done a renewal for a while. I was hoping to do one for someone this month to make a note of the new process but it is more than five years since he authenticated his identity.

For some reason renewal always poses more problems than an initial application. If you have not already renewed it once but are still unable to complete the process you can, nevertheless, make a new application but you will have to confirm your identity at the town hall or an AEAT office. Unfortunately this is not much help if you are stuck in the UK.

I think FNMT still uses Java so make sure that is up to date.

Anyway, in addition to what Enrique has suggested, if you have not already done so download and run the configuration program, update Java and try again.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat May 01, 2021 10:55 am

Hi,

A link for the Configuration program if you haven't already found it...........

https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/en/descarg ... -de-claves

"The National Currency and Stamp Factory has developed this application to request the keys necessary to obtain a digital certificate. It can be executed in any browser and operating system.

Download and install the necessary software for your operating system.

Antivirus and proxies may prevent the use of this application, please do not use a proxy or allow access to this application in your proxy"
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat May 01, 2021 11:19 am

FMNT-RCM is defiantly installed , I have run the renewal program , in fact each browser i use i try to run it again and get a message to say its already installed . Followed Enrique advice , installed Firefox browser , i had it before but uninstalled it , once downloaded and installed i didnt need to import certificates , when i tried it said they were already installed , antivirus also turned off . This will be the first time i have renewed the certificates .
Think i will wait until next week and apply again for a fresh ones, wasted so many hours on this so far .

grazza

Postby grazza » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:35 am

Hi there, i may have found the solution to this problem after ages of struggling with the same error message

You have to also install the 'autofirma' programme, which is in the same download section as the configuration software.

When you click the 'firmar' button, it triggers the autofirma application. If it's not there, it seems to time out. The instructions were very unclear you needed this installed also.

Am not a regular poster here, but given i found 'a' solution, i thought i'd post it.

Hope it helps someone.