Renta 2020

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Renta 2020

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 am

Thanks beachy - all done and submitted. The form is very clear these days, opting for it in English (which has very few errors of syntax and spelling).
It would take very little effort for them to make it clearer at the beginning - a simple Log In with the choice of Digital Cert/Clave/etc would make life so much easier - although I got there I could not describe how!
Strangely, last year my OH, with state and Crown pensions was assessed at zero, and me, with state and a small personal pension at a few cents. This year she has to pay 19 Euros and I am zero. So much for the ridiculous post on here about people paying 20% tax on pensions!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon May 03, 2021 11:18 am

peteroldracer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:01 pm The A.coM FAQ is excellent but does not actually tell you how to input the amounts.
It was never intended to be a guide to actually making your declaration. I did write one years ago and it ran to about 20 pages as there are so many options unless you have a simple income profile.

Add to that the annual small changes, maybe just the box number and it becomes an impossible task to keep it up to date - the FAQs are hard enough!

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 03, 2021 11:24 am

peteroldracer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 am Strangely, last year my OH, with state and Crown pensions was assessed at zero, and me, with state and a small personal pension at a few cents. This year she has to pay 19 Euros and I am zero. So much for the ridiculous post on here about people paying 20% tax on pensions!
There is a tax free allowance here so presumably you only pay tax when you exceed that as we do not usually have any tax to pay? There is not a blanket 20% tax on pensions as you say. I think we've already dismissed those comments made about people deserting Spain due to the high tax/costs etc of living here :crazy:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 03, 2021 12:09 pm

There is a €2.000 allowance which is automatically attributed in box 0019 depending on the overall pension figure as well as the normal deductions later on in the declaration. More generous pension payments will still result in a fairly manageable bottom line although a total pension of, say, €50.000 will result in a tax bill of around €13.000 apart from tax on any savings and investments etc. which represents a tax rate of around 26%.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 03, 2021 12:30 pm

:lol: a pension of 50k :lol: .... I wish. Unlikely to pay tax here for a while thanks to the civil service pension 'exemption'. The state pension will be the thing that makes a difference to us although, even then, we shan't get the full amount as we didn't work long enough. There are advantages to being on a low income.