Samsung tv issue

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Samsung tv issue

Postby snorbs » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Over the last few months we have an issue at the bottom of the TV screen that is getting worse.
I think the technical term is called bleeding, basically we now have 4 or 5 inverse J shapes lights coming up from the bottom of the screen.
Has anyone else had this and resolved?
I believe that if you have a QLED screen this doesn't happen but i dont really want to buy a new TV ours is only 2 or 3 years old quite disappointing to have this issue.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Samsung tv issue

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pm

Call the Samsung authorised service agent to look at it. It is usually a backlight problem. A friend had a similar problem out of warranty and Samsung reimbursed the price of a new TV.

Sid

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:13 am

got in touch with Samsung who confirmed its a bleeding issue and it would cost at least 210 euros to repair and they would need to take the TV away for about a week. given the cost of a new TV is around 700/800 euros will live with this problem until it becomes unbearable. This Samsung TV is not even 3 years old yet very disappointing and wasnt a cheap model when i bought it

SpanishBlue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby SpanishBlue » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:40 pm

snorbs wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:13 am got in touch with Samsung who confirmed its a bleeding issue and it would cost at least 210 euros to repair
I understand that you are not happy, but there's no need to use that kind of language. :wink:

Seriously though, here in the UK I would now only buy an expensive TV from the likes of John Lewis or Richer Sounds, where you get the peace of mind of a 5/6 year guarantee.

Is there anyone in Spain who offers a similar guarantee?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:08 pm

Many resellers offer extended warranties at a fair price.

It is much easier in the UK as they have the Sale of Goods Act, which can give up to 6 year protection. In the EU, the warranty is 2 years, but only the first 6 months are covered by a no quibble warranty.

Sid