Samsung Smart TV Model no UE32H4500AM

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pensure1988
Resident

Samsung Smart TV Model no UE32H4500AM

Postby pensure1988 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:10 pm

Good Evening

Can anyone help me with a problem please.

I am trying to watch UK TV Programs through my Samsung TV Browser via my Internet Supplier "Direct Telecom" TV service in the Canary Islands.

My TV is telling me that HTML5 is not supported. You should update your Adobe Flash. But Updates to Adobe Flash were discontinued in December 2020. The Adobe Flash Platform was disconnected in January 2021.

What do I do now to watch these programs again on my TV. I had a Dune Box to view these programs connected to the TV but the Remote has stopped working. I am looking for a cheap alternative until I get my IPTV Box later in the year.

Thank You

David

john the baptist
Resident

Re: Samsung Smart TV Model no UE32H4500AM

Postby john the baptist » Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 am

HI David

I dont know what a Dune box is but ive dont have Smart TVs i use android tv boxes and your TV supplier should tell you which "APP" to use.

I stand to be corrected, but as far as Im aware HTML5 and adobe Flash programs are computer/laptop programs and are used in this case i guessing to view tv via a web browser which does not sound right.

I dont use a VPN and keep it simple as the android boxes are my media players and are less than €40 for a 4gb RAM box with 32gb rom memory which i dont use. I download alot of films as i watch them in different rooms depending on where i get kicked out from (if you are married and have kids you know what I mean). all except the football that has to be live in the salon on the big tv.

I hope this helps, also my concern with smart TVs is loading apps onto it especially the unofficial types plus after say 4 years the android version will be so redundant it will be useless, like and old mobile phone and paying from €500 to €1500 its alot of money!!!!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Samsung Smart TV Model no UE32H4500AM

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 am

Can't you just use the Smart TV to watch UKTV? We set ours up (an LG model) with a UK address and then it automatically was set up with the UKTV catch up/iPlayers. We use smartdnsproxy.com which costs about 20$ a year, which can easily be put into the router, so we can watch UKTV directly on the TV without the need for any additional boxes if we want. A friend with a Samsung TV has downloaded muchoTV which I think is only about 56€ a year and it sounds a very good system for watching and recording all the freeview UKTV channels and I don't think you even need a DNS or VPN for that.