TDSystems tv

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
casita-bonita
Resident

TDSystems tv

Postby casita-bonita » Sun May 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Couple of years ago I bought a tdsystems tv. Been working fine, no complaints. However a couple of days ago it received an update. Since then it won't go into standby. Pressing the power button always powers the tv down. When the tv is powered on it then has to do a full reboot rather than just switch out of stadby.

Bit of a pain as it takes a lot longer to reboot than wake up. Td suggested doing a system reset. Unfortunatly this didn't fix it. Thete is no settings option that I can find that configures the action of the power button. I've tried installing 3rd party settings apps but none of them have the ability to configure the power button.

Any one else have a TDSystems tv and recently have had this problem?
Regards

Bob

john the baptist
Resident

Re: TDSystems tv

Postby john the baptist » Tue May 18, 2021 7:40 am

ive got a TD system tv, its a generic make that in Europe is distributed by carrefour and in Spain they pretend its a Spanish company. Its alright its offers great value for money. Personally I use android boxes instead of smart tv because its easy to upgrade a box rather than a tv. I have enough issue with my laptop and windows 10 updates which eventually will kill my laptop with BLOATWARE. If everything works i personally hate updates but understand it for security reasons but i also feel that these companies try to get to you to buy something new very 3 years which for me is not going to happen.
TD System is a pain if you need a replacement remote control, all the generic apps on the phone do not recognise this make. nor do the all in one programmable remote.

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: TDSystems tv

Postby casita-bonita » Tue May 18, 2021 8:18 am

Actually TD are being pretty responsive as regards sorting this out. Not thete yet but they are working on it. The tv is only used as a display for my firestick or android box, the sound being handled by my cinema amp. The offending update was deliverd automatically over the net and didn't offer me a choice to install or not. Once i get this soryed i shall turn the wifi off as i really have no need for the tv to be connected.

There appears to be plenty of tdsystems remotes for sale on ebay or from td themselves. Or you can program a learning remote. Personally i only need the power button.

During this investigation i also came across an app, called eshare which gives you remote control of the tv from your tablet. Works very well and includes a soft keyboard as well as mouse, touch, airmouse and button modes of control.
Regards

Bob