Buying a TV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Buying a TV

Postby LifeofBrian » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:05 am

Hi All,
My tv has finally packed up and I will need to buy a new one. I have been told that if my only income is from pensions it would not be possible to buy on instalments. Anyone know if this is correct or not. I live near Velez Malaga if anyone can point me in the right direction. Many thanks for any help.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Buying a TV

Postby markwilding » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:56 am

I don't think that is correct. My advice is to test the water and see how you get on. From my point of view they will ask for proof of income, which you have but my opinion is not important. That's down to the credit company's decision.

Good luck.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:58 am

LifeofBrian wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:05 am Hi All,
My tv has finally packed up and I will need to buy a new one. I have been told that if my only income is from pensions it would not be possible to buy on instalments. Anyone know if this is correct or not. I live near Velez Malaga if anyone can point me in the right direction. Many thanks for any help.
Misinformed for sure

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Thank you so much Pepe. Just have find the right shop now. Appreciate your help.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Thank you Markwilding. I will do my best to find an outlet. Maybe Eroski!! Take care, stay safe and well.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:26 pm

I don't know if it's the same all over but an aquaintence of mine in Las Palmas tired to buy a new T V and a scanner/printer from CARREFOUR, they told him he had to be resident, as I said terms may vary in different regions !

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:34 pm

To get credit (or pay in installments) they will definitely have to be resident.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:09 am

LifeofBrian wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:05 am Hi All,
Since you intend to pay in instalments, must be a big TV and cost a few hundred. If you can verify that it's only the backlight of the broken tv that's not working, it can be repaired. (Turn tv on, shine a light in front of screen and closeup. If you can see whatever channel you've selected, it's a backlight issue.)

I replaced all the backlight strips on our 48", without much trouble. They cost 30euros, bought online. Better than 600euros for a new one.

Even if you're not interested, this info might be useful for others.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi All,

Big hand to all you guys. In the end I spotted a good deal and bought an UHD TV at a sensible price. Would have had to pay in instalments for an OLED TV but on viewing them decided that it would be better spending more time in the great outdoors! Maybe the price will come down in due course. Have to say though that this forum is such a helpful place when info is needed. Thanks to all those who helped me decide. Lots of good info. Keep safe all.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Good tip from jhonie99 I will definitely try that! Thank you.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:44 am

We bought a tdt systems 50" tv from carrefour for €299. It's the same price direct from their website.

We've had it a few years now and it seems decent enough.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.