Fridge/Freezer repairs

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Fridge/Freezer repairs

Postby LifeofBrian » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Hi All,
Anyone know of an English speaking repair person for Fagor fridge/freezer. Problem is the freezer is cold but not cold enough to freeze bread. It has been okay but something has gone wrong. I think it's the gasket on the door which seems to be non-detachable. Appreciate any help. We are near Vinuela. Thanks.

Cádiz
Resident

Re: Fridge/Freezer repairs

Postby Cádiz » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 pm

How old is it?
If it anything more than 7/8 years better replace, the internal gas that makes the ice diminishes over time and take about €100 to refill with no guarantee of success. I replaced one last year and it was just about 10 years old..

sorry...

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Kind of you to reply Cadiz. Probably will replace it. Thank you.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Look up the nearest Fagor service centre and get them to look at it. Most likely a faulty thermostat, easily replaced. Door seals can be replaced. I have never heard of a freezer needing regassing. I was using a 30 year old 2 compressor one until recently. Got rid of that due to rust.

Sid

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 pm

LifeofBrian wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:19 pm Kind of you to reply Cadiz. Probably will replace it. Thank you.
Your good as in my instance new unit €250 and repair min €100 and result iffy.
I worked in an area where refrigeration went with the the business.
The older units mentioned have a kindof valve to re-gas if needed.
Anything made in last 20 years will not have this as not designed to be repaired.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:44 pm

I don't think things are made like they used to be. My 3 year old LG washing machine is playing up which I am really annoyed about as the old one went on forever. I am reluctant to have to pay for repairs as they are often a big proportion of the cost of a replacement. My FIL has a freezer from 1968 that is still going strong!

A man advertises in the Sentinella mag which covers Viñuela, says he repairs all domestic appliances including freezers, Mick 616370539.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:34 pm

Hi All,
Appreciate all the interest and replies. Just a 'by the way' reply with regard the door seal, with older Fagor fridge/freezers they, in fact cannot easily be replaced. The seals, back in the day, were an integral part of the door. We did try!

We have now bought a new fridge/freezer but it was difficult finding one to fit into the space that was left however we got there in the end. It gets hot on the sides but apparently that's normal. We shall see!

Again, thank you so much for your interest.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Water Supply

Postby LifeofBrian » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me why there is never any notice when the water supply is about to be cut off. We have no water at all at the moment and no notice was given! Is there an official point of contact that I should be aware of?

Also, can I ask those of you who are experience Forum users, if I want to post something, for example the question about water supply or anything else for that matter, what is the correct place to head. I don't see any button to click that makes a post on any given subject, quick and easy. Excuse my ignorance on this but each time I try to ask something I'm a bit confused as to where to head in the first instance. Thanks guys for your help.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm

The "Living in Spain" sub forum whould probably be the best place to post topics regarding water supplies.

Where I live the water supply gets cut off when the deposito on the hill above us runs dry.
Nobody, including Aquailia, our water supply company, knows when it will happen.
Usually, get water back the next day after the water has been pumped from a lower deposito overnight.
I have installed a deposito behind my house that will store enough water for about 4 days.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:36 pm

I'm not sure how your post has ended up in the middle of one about fridge freezers! Perhaps El Cid can sort it out?

Under Board Index, if you open the Living in Andalucia topic, you'll see 'New Topic' option at the top of the list of threads (red writing in a white box). Click on that and you'll be able to start a new thread with your heading Water Supply.

Depends on who supplies your water. I have seen notices saying that a certain area is having the water cut off for maintenance by the main water supplier, (Aqualia) but if you're in the campo it will be a completely different story I expect.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi All,
Wicksey, it ended up there as a general 'call for help' within the fridge/freezer question. I therefore very much appreciate your help as in 'Under Board Index'. I'll explore that now. Great to have a resource such as this Forum. Take care All.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi All,
Wicksey, followed your pointer to new posts...yay. Easy when you know how! Could be easier perhaps but so could many things. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to explain.

Cádiz
Resident

Re: Water Supply

Postby Cádiz » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:14 pm

LifeofBrian wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:43 pm Hi All,

Also, can I ask those of you who are experience Forum users, if I want to post something, for example the question about water supply or anything else for that matter, what is the correct place to head. I don't see any button to click that makes a post on any given subject, quick and easy. Excuse my ignorance on this but each time I try to ask something I'm a bit confused as to where to head in the first instance. Thanks guys for your help.
Hit Topics top of page... scroll down to the one you want and click.... select new topic and your in....

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi All,
Hello Cadiz, yes, I had seen that but once or twice I couldn't quite find a topic that was specific enough. Anyway, so much appreciate that you took the time to try and help. Excellent experience of this Forum. Take care all.