Contacting Movistar

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jonbar.1
Resident

Contacting Movistar

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:11 pm

We have been clients of Movistar for 8 years. We have been very happy with the product & the service.
If there have been problems ( internet etc) they have always been resolved promptly.
To report problems we have to call 1004 for help. There has always been an option to speak to an agent in English, which is great as, our Spanish is not good enough for technical chats! :think:
Recently, however, there is no initial option to "Speak to someone in English"; trying to wade through the answer/ options in Spanish is impossible.
Have any Movistar users out there any tips on coping with this?
I'd like to be able to contact them via "1004" rather than visiting a store with an interpreter.
( once upon a time it was sufficient to say "En Inglese! during the Spanish message to get through )
Any positive hints would be good please; not simply ; "Change your provider" or " I use Lobster " or "Movistar are useless" etc
Many Thanks :thumbup: JB

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Contacting Movistar

Postby El Cid » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Download the MiMovistar app to your phone and use that.Very basic Spanish will be adequate and you don't have to talk to anyone!

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:11 pm

This days there is also an instant messaging option to contact bigger companies, Movistar included.

Go to this website and click the orange button at the bottom right hand side of the page

https://www.movistar.es/

You will need to use Google translate to ask your question and to translate the response back into English. A bit cumbersome but I've done something similar with French and it worked well. Make sure you don't have the automatic Spanish to English setting on in your browser or your questions will be retranslated back into English as soon as they are pasted into the messenger window.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:57 am

Firstly: Thankyou Sid.I already have the app and,sorry to say; not able to contact them ( my fault...Spanish not good enough)
Secondly: Thankyou Mark.I gave this a go.Very entertaining trying to chat using Google :).
In the end the only advice from the ",virtual assistant" was "I need to phone 1004" !
Back to square one!
Same question applies: "Can anyone tell me how to get to speak in English using 1004?
(Up until recently it was always possible to get an english- speaking option on this number)

I appreciate your input chaps. Cheers JB
I

brightonion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brightonion » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:33 pm

I have the same problem sometimes but I just keep saying English and usually eventually an English speaker comes on, if I am cut off I ring again and start the whole process over, when you eventually get through they will re-set your direct to English setting again. Patience is a virtue, unfortunately I don't have very much.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Thankyou Brightonian.
Great to know Someone else has the same problem.
At one stage I actually started to physically shout " En ingles!", much to my wife's bemusement.
I intend getting an interpreter to call 1004 for me and figure out if there is a more sedate way of getting an English speaker!
All part of the "Yellow Brick Road" of living in this beautiful country.
Cheers JB

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 pm

Hola

I always used to say "English Speaking" clearly when the recorded message started and it worked BUT it was some time ago and after seven long years of face to face, one to one Spanish lessons, I can usually understand what is being said - so even if my tip works, learn some more Spanish as it will repay you in spades

Davexf

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:44 am

Cheers Davefx.
You are right.I want the interpreter to run me through what the messages are saying for future reference.
I can understand bits of it,but not enough!