Orange 242 messaging service

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Orange 242 messaging service

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:13 pm

I usually just phone 242 on the Orange mobile to pick up messages but this time got a hugely long message rattled off a bit too fast to fully grab it all. It seems to be saying I need a pin number to access my messages for security, which I thought I had set. I rang it again thinking I'd be able to now access messages, but still can't, even after putting in the PIN at what I thought was the appropriate time. Is there anyone that can understand rapid Spanish better than me with an Orange mobile that can interpret this and advise how I can use the messaging option now please?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Orange 242 messaging service

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:50 pm

Having phoned 242 and listened to the second message about 5 times I finally understood that it wanted me to leave my own message for the the person calling. I kept hearing something that sounded like the yellow button, amarillo, but through trial and error found it was the hashtag. So I have made my own message for callers to hear and tapped the hashtag and it now seems to work. Not sure if I needed to put in the PIN number but maybe that is to access messages from a different phone or something. Got there in the end, not helped by the fact I have not got a good signal here so I kept loosing it.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:15 pm

if at 1st you don't succeed

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:47 pm

A hash tag # in Spanish is almohadilla (pronounced am-wad-ee-ya) so you weren't far out with amarillo.

I think it is because it supposed to look like a pillow!
Let's go Brandon!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:08 pm

Thanks Beach. I tried Google translate but it just kept saying that hashtag was the same in Spanish. Yes it does sound similar to amarillo, it's useful to know.