TV, internet, and phone.

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
stevee

TV, internet, and phone.

Postby stevee » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:01 pm

So far we have just managed with IPTV, but am told the community is looking into providing it as a group package. The interent and TV will be on fibre and our present one is very slow and totally unreliable. The figure being quoted is about 20euro per month for two years, but it has to be billed through the administrator. If it is good, will be fine, but if not might be a problem getting shut. Does anyone hvae services provided like this?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: TV, internet, and phone.

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:43 pm

Its cheap enough and in your area you would think there would be plenty of take up so service should be ok.

stevee

Postby stevee » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:57 pm

I hadn't thought about it like that, my concern is not being able to get out of the contract unless the majority agree. The larger number in the community are Scandinavians so they wont be bothered about TV in English. If the broadband is good we can look at VPN to get TV I suppose. When we have looked in the past, some of the providers wouldnt entertain us unless we got a few people wanting it installed.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:32 am

Thats very cheap. Would each house be contracted, or is it one line into the administrators house and then wifi from there ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

stevee

Postby stevee » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:48 pm

@spanish_lad

Each property will have its own separate installation, it is just the billing that will be done communally. My major concern is the service provided being no good to me personally because of the problems getting English TV, but not being able to get out of the contract as it will probably be fine for the proposers who are Scandinavians.

As you say though, it is cheap so might be worth having just for the broadband and if the TV is no good look at an internet based way of getting channels

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:04 pm

stevee wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:48 pm @spanish_lad

As you say though, it is cheap so might be worth having just for the broadband and if the TV is no good look at an internet based way of getting channels
That would be my way forward