NOW TV or SKY

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

NOW TV or SKY

Postby snorbs » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 pm

I currently still subscribe to Sky but with the increasing prices of the packages I am thinking of cancelling and signing up to NOW TV.
If i understand correctly the entertainment pack in HD will be 15 pounds a month and will offer sufficient channels for my needs and catch up / box sets.
UK football and F1 I can get on DAZN and Sky sports doesn't have much more that interests me.
Anyone have experience with using the NOW app on a firestick ? - I am interested in picture quality and reliability feedback.

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: NOW TV or SKY

Postby satandpcguy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:13 pm

Looking at the website, they say a free 7 day trial..so give it a go and see for your self it it works well for you (obviously with the VPN / SDNS system).
Was fine for me on the old NowTV boxes...
Or even see if a friend in the UK has Sky, and use their SkyGo account (again with a VPN / SDNS servce, but is not available on firestick or chrome cast)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:03 pm

It definitely works on the Fire stick. You will need to use a a VPN or a DNS to sign up and will need to use a UK based credit card. As you are already signed up to Sky, that should not be an issue.

As Sat Guy has already posted, If you know someone with Sky, they might let you use their account. On the big screen it will only work using a laptop or games consul while Now TV can be used with no problem on the TV.

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:00 am

I bought a Now TV box quite a few years ago in the UK and brought it to my house in Spain.. At the time you got 3 months free subscription with Sky ( I don't know if that still applies ) You have to open a Sky account but you don't pay anything until after 3 months, I closed the account when the free time was about to expire ... I was left with all the free to air channels BBC iPlayer etc which I'm happy with , I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime video on the box. Obviously you will need a VPN.