Samsung "Music" app

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jonbar.1
Resident

Samsung "Music" app

Postby jonbar.1 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:37 pm

I have all my music on the above app. ( Samsung Galaxy Phone).I transfered it all from itunes some time ago.( I no longer use itunes)
I would like to add some more tracks/files but am having some difficulty: :think:
For example: I wanted to add a new track ( m4a file ) to a particular existing artist; "Dr.Feelgood".
When I copy the file from my laptop into the DR,Feelgood folder in "Samsung Music App",it does not appear there.
It does, however appear in the "tracks" option, under an album called "unknown"
In other words I now have the new track in the app but it is not in the desired place ie: it is not listed in "Artists" in Dr Feelgood.
Oddly, When the phone is connected to the PC and I open the app's "Dr Feelgood" folder,the new track is showing there OK. :think:

I'd love it if anyone could point me in the right direction. ( the less technical, the better :eh: )
Cheers JB

jonbar.1
Resident

Re: Samsung "Music" app

Postby jonbar.1 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:12 am

Update:
Before I've even had a reply; I've managed to figure out the answer: I need to add "Metadata" to the files first.
( eg: Title,Album,Artist etc) :thumbup: