Moon Pig Email Scam

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Moon Pig Email Scam

Postby Enrique » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:24 am

Hi,

There is a Scam email circulating asking to Login from a link to keep your Moon Pig account..........just Delete this email.

Also change your email account Password for this email account.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Moon Pig Email Scam

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:43 pm

everyday there is another scam email. Had a PayPal one today.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:24 am

Another one is offering to refund the prime membership with Amazon... came to me by way of phone call...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:08 pm

I had one from Vueling quoting a previous booking reference and saying that the hand luggage rules have changed and I must pay for mine. It's either a scam or Vueling's computer has gone haywire. A bit concerning that a booking reference from last November's flight was quoted. I tried to contact their scam email address but it was rejected every time as they thought it was a scam email, so I've been unable to advise them.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:57 pm

"A bit concerning that a booking reference from last November's flight was quoted." The scammers must have got this reference either from Vueling's server or from your files.
I am sure that enrique would agree it is time to change every password and do scans with malwarebytes and ccleaner, plus check your protection.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:32 pm

I've done a Windows security scan and no threats were found. This is why I wanted to advise Vueling but have been unable to contact them via email.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:05 am

I also had one of those for a flight in December, again with the genuine flight number. I Googled to see if anyone had been caught out by this and found nothing so I just deleted the email and changed the password in Vueling.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:58 am

Sounds like vueling are the ones who have been "hacked" if its happened to 2 seperate people. Like what happened with easy jet

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:14 am

markwilding wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:05 am I also had one of those for a flight in December, again with the genuine flight number. I Googled to see if anyone had been caught out by this and found nothing so I just deleted the email and changed the password in Vueling.
Was that last December Mark? I do have another forthcoming flight with them but it is a long way off, and it was only when I checked the email I realised it was for last November's flight.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:01 pm

Yes, Last December and I must have received the email a couple of weeks ago. No fight coming up with them though.