Kindle Fire - BBC iPlayer problem

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Kindle Fire - BBC iPlayer problem

Postby fyfin » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:31 pm

I am not familiar with Amazon products at all as I have only androids and I use a vpn (Supervpn free version), I have no trouble watching BBC on my Samsung phone or android box.
I thought it would be an easy matter setting this up for my friend on her Kindle Fire but even though I eventually got Supervpn on it and set to UK, BBC Iplayer still knew it was in Spain. I thought it might be a matter of deleting cache on the app but I can't find anywhere to do that. Is there something else we need to do, she bought it in UK and installed the IPlayer app in UK.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Kindle Fire - BBC iPlayer problem

Postby Enrique » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:16 am

Hi fyfin,

Google ......how to clear Cache and cookies on Kindle Fire " generation :?: ".........fill in the generation number.

Depending on the Generation number the latest have GPS location so turn that off it applies as BBC iplayer will check for a mismatch with IP location .

Check that your chosen VPN has a UK IP..........

Login to iplayer with BBC UK account address............

Just some ideas from reading around this morning.................
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:25 am

I did tge usual googling but everything was to do with cache etc on browsers. I couldn't find anything about apps. Good point about GPS. I will investigate further but it would be so.much easier on an actual android
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:35 am

Hi fyfin,
App cache is controlled in the Storage area.............like on Android.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... PQHC25MQXQ
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Apologies. On android boxes it's different which is what I play around with. There is a seperate clear data and clear cache . I just checked my phone and there it is under storage as you said. I'll see her later and maybe I can sort it.