ITV Hub on Samsung TV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Steamboats
Tourist

ITV Hub on Samsung TV

Postby Steamboats » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:18 pm

I have installed various UK TV apps on my Samsung smart TV, linked via a router with SmartDNS Proxy. Most apps work fine but ITV Hub insists on trying to use Spanish time, losing sync with whatever live programme I am trying to load. Catch up is OK because it is not looking for 'live' time. I have tried to fool it by changing the time settings on the tv without success. Am I missing something?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: ITV Hub on Samsung TV

Postby Enrique » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi Steamboats,
Have you looked into changing the TimeZone...........and or Region............ :?:

Example............

https://vpncentral.com/change-samsung-smart-tv-region/

Hopefully Mark will see your Post and have some ideas to try...........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: ITV Hub on Samsung TV

Postby markwilding » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:37 pm

I've just checked and I have the same problem. It used to be that live TV was not possible if the TV was noT set to UK time but now it works on both Spanish and UK time. I actually get 2 hours difference so not even UK time. I rarely watch live TV so it hasn't been an issue. I usually tune in to ITV for live sport so I know what time it's on. If I come across a work around, I will post it but it might be something we have to live with.