Loss of TV channels

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fincalospinos
Resident

Loss of TV channels

Postby fincalospinos » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:02 pm

Having been a loyal customer of BB4S ( Rebeloak) since they started, they have recently been taken over by another company. I subscribed to their Premium TV service, which had all the Free to View UK channels as well as Sky Sports and BT Sport. During the middle of last week, when I switched on the TV, a message appeared from BB4S telling me it was necessary to press the OK button to reboot the tv box. When it rebooted there were approx 700 channels missing, including all the sport channels. Talking to others, it seems that no one was given any prior warning that this was about to happen.

Now my question, is their any legal service that can replace this, importantly the sport channels, or can someone advise on any streaming sites that can be used ?
Hardworking resident !!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Loss of TV channels

Postby El Cid » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:33 pm

The only way to get sports channels legally is to pay a subscription to the broadcaster or their legal third party supplier like BT Sport. Any other system is illegal.

Many of these illegal streams are being closed down, which may explain the changes.

Sid

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:48 pm

That what I thought Sid, and what I am trying to find out is how I can subscribe to a legal supplier of Sky and BT sports, as I have lived in Spain for nearly 30 years and have no base back in the UK.
Hardworking resident !!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:05 pm

From a third party I have that the new owner is a legal Spanish company, they have no interest in the TV and only wanted the wimax network.
They made the English technical staff redundant some time ago. I have known for some months that the TV would cease again from my third party source.
There is no legal way to get the sports that BB4S gave. I was only ever interested in F1 gone for good now, just the poor C4 coverage.

All as far as I am aware.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:13 pm

One way of getting Sky is through Now TV. There are other types of companies who will set up an account for you with Sky and BT but there are only 2 ways of getting it onto a big screen. One is connecting via a computer, the other with a game consul such as the Play Station. All the above require a VPN or SmartDNS and can be costly.

Googling SKYGO in Spain will throw up companies that will arrange this.

Alternatively, if you have a member of your family who subscribes back in the UK, it might well be, as my brother, that they don't take advantage of the SKYGO part of the subscription, and they will allow you to use it. I have all UK channels, including SKY Sports and BT except the BBC but for this I use the iPlayer anyway.

Another option is, which is the legal alternative for Premier league, F1 and boxing here in Spain, DAZN Spain, there are various subscription options and I pay 12.99 for those sports as I am not really interested in the Spanish league. It casts more if you want to watch La Liga. On a personal level, what I like about DAZN is the fact it shows every PL match which is great for me as a Southampton supporter as they aren't on Sky or BT very often

Apart from this, it is not really very difficult to download apps which will allow you to watch absolutely anything including Movies, any sporting event and TV series not forgetting all the UK TV channels for free, much of the time in HD quality but due to negative comments from certain members when I have tried to help, I now absolutely refuse to explain how it's done. I will just say that a google and a bit of study will give you access to the product people pay for. This is how I watch the odd Spanish not free to air football match I am interested in,

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:44 am

Thank you for those pointers Mark, like *fincalospinos* I was a creature of the BB4S world and got all I needed from them. Completely unaware of any of that.
Does the DAZN F1 output have English commentary ?

Supersue
Tourist

Postby Supersue » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:12 pm

Dazn f1 has Spanish commentary. My OH watches with sound turned off

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:13 pm

I too have been using BB4S for many years.
I have only ever subscribed to their"Premium" TV package.I have never had the complete package which includes internet.I paid €15 per month for about 200 channels.
However in December I was advised by them to stop my standing order.I was told that there would be no charge until further notice.
I was also told that they had been taken over by "Mas Movil."
Reading between the lines, I reckoned that Mas Movil did not want any part of the TV side of the business.
Last week I too was asked to OK my box for the change in format.Now all the Sky & BT channels have gone.
Even though I am not currently paying them, I will be looking at a posssible new supplier.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:27 pm

Firestick and use Kodi.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:49 pm

*Mas Movil¨ is a multinational company that operates throughout Spain. They own some of the companies that are getting to be more and more well known such as Yoigo and Virgin telco. my local company was taken over by them so in effect I am with a Mas Movil company.

You would suppose that such a large operation cannot be seen to be offering illegal pirated content and anyway they have their own packages they want to sell. I actually did a comparison a few months back and they turned out to be cheaper than most others for the packages I want, not taking into account the introductory offers.

To answer the question if DAZN does commentary in English, this depends on the Sport but as time goes by less and less. I´m not a big boxing fan but i will dip in now and again and they had the Joshua fight last weekend which was in Spanish whereas I seem to remember the previous fight was in English. Sports like darts might be the only ones left in English

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:27 pm

costakid wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:27 pm Firestick and use Kodi.
You need a bit more that that. Kodi itself has no means to stream TV. You need to install the appropriate addons... Not exactly plug and play, or should that be plug and watch.
Regards

Bob

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:09 pm

The "Mas Movil" situation is my understanding of the situation.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:01 am

casita-bonita wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:27 pm
costakid wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:27 pm Firestick and use Kodi.
You need a bit more that that. Kodi itself has no means to stream TV. You need to install the appropriate addons... Not exactly plug and play, or should that be plug and watch.
True but very easy to set up. Lots of info on youtube explaining how.