One Time Authorisation Codes

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Parilla
Resident

One Time Authorisation Codes

Postby Parilla » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:35 am

It seems that these days, no internet banking service with banks or building societies, for current or savings accounts, can operate fully without the use of these one time codes to the customer's mobile phone - it's certainly true of the few accounts which my wife and I have. I'm all for making any transactions as safe and secure as possible, but what happens if a customer's mobile has been lost or stolen, and therefore there is no way of responding to the code ?????????????????

Parilla

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: One Time Authorisation Codes

Postby costakid » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:38 am

Ring the bank or call in branch and probably with extra security checks be able do it over the the phone if you have another. Your online is finished until you get a new sim with or without a new number.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:52 am

1. Tell your Network Provider

If you’ve lost your phone and there’s no hope of getting it back, tell your Phone service provider as soon as possible. They’ll be able to block your SIM card so the phone is unusable.
If you’re with EE, O2, Three, Vodafone or Virgin Media, and you report your phone lost or stolen within 24 hours they will help limit any call or data charges.

2. If your phone has been stolen

If you think your phone has been stolen, you should contact the police. Some insurance companies need a crime reference number for you to make a claim.

3. Your Bank can suspend your mobile banking App.

Simply notify your Bank hen you know it’s gone and we can suspend your mobile banking app, which can then be reactivated once you have a new phone. Your banking can still be managed with online banking on another device.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:05 pm

The Sabadell app only needs the password. I log in regularly but have never been sent a code other than when the online banking was first set up. I have the problem of not having a mobile signal so it's always a pain if anyone wants to send a code by text. Wise can send a security code by Whatsapp which for us is perfect.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:04 pm

When we buy things on sabadell over x amount they send you a code in the app

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:33 am

Thanks for your responses folks.

Parilla