Smart TV with integrated Chromecast

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Chiquita39

Smart TV with integrated Chromecast

Postby Chiquita39 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:08 pm

Hello everyone, if I buy a Smart tv with integrated Chromecast, do I still need to buy an Amazon firestick to get UK freeview tv channels? I have seen a Grundig Smart tv with integrated Chromecast, that seems to say you can get channels without the need for a satellite dish.
Thanks

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Smart TV with integrated Chromecast

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:20 pm

Any Smart TV should get the Freeview channels by setting it up with a UK address. It will get the channels via the internet so you won't need a satellite dish, but you will need something like smartproxydns.com to hide the fact you're not in the UK. (I have a LG which doesn't have Chromecast but has all the UK channels. As it's a few years old the CH5 app stopped working so I also have the Firestick which has improved apps on it. It all works via Wifi/internet connection.)

Chiquita39

Re: Smart TV with integrated Chromecast

Postby Chiquita39 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:01 pm

Thanks Wicksey, the Smartdnsproxy, do I set that up on the router or tv? Do they give you instructions how to put it on the router/tv when you buy the Smartdnsproxy and does it matter which you set up first The UK address on tv or the Smartdnsproxy ? Sorry for all the questions I am not very tech savvy!
Thanks again for your help.