Weird android box sound issue

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Weird android box sound issue

Postby fyfin » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:13 pm

I just bought a new android box as the old one is a bit out of date and this one had a much better spec. However, when I switched it on and added an app that I use for IPTV I quickly discovered there was no sound. I checked the built in YouTube in case it was an app issue and the same , no sound. I checked advance sound settings and there were 3 options, HDMI, SPDIF CODEC. HDMI was ticked which I thought was correct but ticked all 3 and rebooted. Lo and behold sound was on fine so I wrongly assumed I had fixed it.
But, I've since discovered that what is actually happening is that if I leave the box switched on and switch the TV off, next time I switch TV on the sound has gone. I tried all sorts, changing cables etc, not using the remote to switch TV off and different sound settings but the only way to get sound if TV is switched off and then on, is to switch the box off and on.
We can get over it obviously by switching both off and then TV first, box second but I wonder if it's a faulty box or some sort of compatibility issue. I don't suppose anyone has come across this before.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Weird android box sound issue

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:37 am

Check if you have CEC enabled on TV and android box as this enables devices to turn each other on or off.
Regards

Bob

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:28 pm

Good tip, I had seen that using Google search so I made sure it wasn't switched on. I've since tried it on 2 other TVs, one Samsung and one LG and weird things happened on both, on the LG the box kept rebooting itself and on the other Samsung it simply refused to send anything to the TV via the HDMI cable. Then on the TV where it did work it was starting to act strange with video as well so as I only got it a day ago, back in the off and off it went for a refund.
Sending something back to Amazon is really so easy now as we have a collection centre in town. I just either print out a bar code or show it on my phone, instant refund.
Back to the drawing board but having cleared off a load of apps the old box is behaving itself lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:37 pm

You can't fault amazon's return procedure. Works like a charm. Not used a returns centre, but I have heard that there is one in Algarobbo. Till now I sent via the correos.
Regards

Bob

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:55 pm

It's actually just a shop in our town which they use. Total Entertainment. When you go to return on their web page they suggest you take it to a Celeritas centre and ours is Total Entertainment so very convenient. https://celeritastransporte.com/buscado ... celeritas/