Avatel

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Avatel

Postby Lyric » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Anyone had dealings with Avatel? my lump of campo is in the process of being overhead wired by them for fibre-optic. Everwhere that has a pole existant it seems.

dxf
Resident

Re: Avatel

Postby dxf » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:12 pm

Hola,

No experience of that company, but around here, overhead fibre optic cables have had problems. Broken by the basura truck because it put the basuras under the cables, broken in the gale force winds by flying plastic bags and debris, normal wear and tear because the cable was designed to go underground and is not strong enough to last for years swinging in the gentle breeze, and that is apart from deliberate sabotage (difficult to prove)

Davexf

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:30 am

Used them for about 4 or 5 years now, and they have been fine. Occasional "outage", but only occasional and it gets fixed quickly. Our cables are underground though, so can't really help with any info on an overhead feed.

Parilla

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:58 am

Well they have been and gone. Their 600Gb product would be nice but their TV package looks to be not what we want. I am happy with my Axarfusion package which is giving 60Gb down consistently and 80 channels UK HD TV.