Universal Remote

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Universal Remote

Postby gerryh » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:41 pm

Any recommendations for a universal remote that I can use to control my smart TV, my STB, and my sound bar?
Fed up with needing 3 separate remotes.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Universal Remote

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:40 pm

type universal remote control into ebay. The uk site has loads from a few pounds to £50 plus that do all types of devices.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:37 pm

The best was the Logitech Harmony range. The top of the range is the Elite. I have one and its brilliant. Sadly, they were discontinued a couple of years ago. You might find one on eBay. If you can get the hub on its own, without the remote, the app works even better.

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:14 pm

I used one of tjese type universal remotes for a while. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000552 ... 00160205_1. Wow, thats a url and a half.

Although mine was a Blitzwolf model. Worked well, but now redundant as all the devices i use for tv have bluetooth remotes so ir is no good.
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:11 pm

Thanks for the replies.
A search for opinions seems to agree that the Logitech Harmony range was the best, but as Sid says they are no longer made.
A search also suggests that the Sofabaton U2 is a good replacement for the Logitech ones.
These are supported with new devices being added to the list of supported devices.
They are sold by Amazon.es which is another benefit.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris