Deleted Emails

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jonbar.1
Resident

Deleted Emails

Postby jonbar.1 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:47 pm

I have always used Outlook Webmail for my emails.
I am a very tidy person :roll: ....eg: my "Inbox" never usually has more than 4-5 messages in it ( I either delete them or put them into folders)
I also keep my "deleted" box clean too. not only do I delete on a regular basis, I "Permanently Delete" them afterwards.......I am the complete opposite to a "hoarder"! ( equally sad eh!)

Sometimes ( maybe once every few months) I get an irritating "event" with my "Deleted" box: :cry:
For some reason; some( not all) emails which I had previously "permanently"deleted. Re-appear in my "Deleted" box.
For example, today there were 15 ( deleted) emails, going back to February, sitting there.
Of course it's no great hardship to re-delete them, but it's beginning to fascinate me as to why this happens. :think:

I once had an online "Chat" about this with a very nice bloke from Microsoft. He spent about 30 mins trying to tutor me in "how to permanently delete emails"
In the end he didn't actually tell me anything I didn't already know, nor could he tell me why it happens!

Anyone out there any clues?
Cheers JB

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Deleted Emails

Postby Enrique » Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:09 pm

Hi jonbar.1,

There was a Bug reported back in 2020 regarding this issue......as of now it's still being investigated by MS Ref: answers.microsoft.com
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Thankyou Enrique.
Always good when loads of people have the same problem :wink:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:51 pm

I had a similar problem with junk. I rarely get any junk emails but in the past few months I've had 3 or 4. I had marked them as phishing and to be reported and deleted but they stayed there. I've not had any recently so not sure if that glitch has been sorted out.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:02 pm

If you only get 3 or 4 junk emails a month Wicksey you are very lucky.Some people get hundreds!
This year I've been getting around 10-20 a month.
( oddly enough.....None for the last week)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:32 am

Strangely I just received one today and again, it does not delete after marking it as phishing.

Also a problem with Whatsapp this week when I attach a photo. The message goes green and shows it's been sent, but below that is the same message still there in the white writing box. I have to highlight it and delete it to get rid of it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:24 pm

Gmail filters out junk really effectively. If I get one a week I am unhappy!

Sid