Query for Skype users

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
dangerman
Tourist

Query for Skype users

Postby dangerman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:58 pm

Does any have any experiences of using Skype with the Dual-Phone? Can it be used for Skype calls, WITHOUT being plugged into a Landline socket?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:42 pm

I have a Skype Dualphone and it works very well. Although mine is, it does not have to be plugged into a landline socket.

John M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Skype and landlines

Postby John M » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:23 am

I also use the Skype DualPhone and do not have to plug it into the landline to use Skype. The cordless extensions also work this way. I think Skype and Skype Out use the ADSL line, which obviously does have to be plugged into the landline.

Hope this helps.
Andalucia really is the
Centre of the Universe

:D

dangerman
Tourist

Postby dangerman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:34 am

Yeh, Thanks to both. Do you happen to know anywhere, on the coast that sells them retail?

John M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John M » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:17 am

dangerman wrote:Do you happen to know anywhere, on the coast that sells them retail?
I got mine mail order from UK. Can't advertise the site here :!:, but a web search will reveal all.......... They came with a UK plug on the transformer, but a simple adapror sorted that; the phone connector was European.

Best of luck, you'll be surprised at the number of users already registered with Skype.

John M
Andalucia really is the
Centre of the Universe

:D

dangerman
Tourist

Postby dangerman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:22 am

Best of luck, you'll be surprised at the number of users already registered with Skype.
Yeh, I've been registered with it for a while, But have traditionally had problems, as I'm on a Satellite Internet link. But the QoS issues have subsided considerably, recently, So I've started to use it. So, thought I'd take the plunge and buy the phone!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:03 pm

You can buy it in either of the Tele1 shops for €135. I got mine from a computer shop on the Polígono La Rosa in Alhaurín el Grande for €129 but I have seen them advertised in the paper for less.

There is a Skype forum with lost of knowledgable people who can help out with problems but they delay with the satellite broadband connection is because of the distance the signal has to travel not because of a problem with Skype.

Niki Harrison
Andalucia.com Amigo

Skype Dual Phones

Postby Niki Harrison » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:51 pm

I got my for 135 euros from Riosat, based in Riogordo. They sell them for 110 euros without installation or 135 with installation. You can contact a woman called Kay who works for them. Her email address is [email protected]

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

Niki