telefonica email address

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

telefonica email address

Postby pilgrim » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:19 pm

I am trying to set up my telefonica email address I have a user name and a password ( a combination of letters, punctuation and numbers) from telefonica, I have tried to use these but it comes up error. I am running spanish XP, I am not a pc whizz to say the least!!! :? Any help greatly appreciated.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:00 pm

try instead of going to telefonica.es... go to www.terra.es/correo and log in there.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

mark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mark » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Pilgrim....I had this problem and I was told to just type in 'telefonicanet' on the password, it's worth a try.....How secure is that??? :roll:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:22 pm

With Telefonica your username is in the format yourname$telefonica.net

It may be that you entered [email protected]

Also make sure that your email account outgoing server is set to require authorisation. The setting is "use same settings as incoming mail server"

Try that.

Sid

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

thanks

Postby pilgrim » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:25 pm

At last thanks to El Cid's info I have managed to get my telefoinica email set up but............. I have not got direct access. I added the website to my favorites When I tried to access it , it said it was blocked, when I tried to unblock it came up error. At the moment I have to got type in the terra web address. Also have been unable to set up Outlook express, has this got anything to do with it? YES, when comes to computers I am thick! :oops:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:49 pm

Try adding the web address to your favourites like this:

http://telefonica.terra.es/correo/

You should be able to set up Outlook express using the information given by Sid.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: thanks

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:53 pm

pilgrim wrote: Also have been unable to set up Outlook express, has this got anything to do with it?
I have sent you a PM with some detailed instructions.

Sid

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:34 pm

i had all this confusion when i first got online over here - seems that although contracted by telefonica, the isp is TERRA, not telefonica, but the passwords are setup by telefonica !!!

when i was on 56k nighttime, my login was [email protected] and xxxxx, now i´m on 24h 56k its changed to xxxxxx@telefonicanet and telefonicanet ... lol :lol:

you can change your passwords for your email thru the terra.es/correo site after you have logged in, but you can not change your login / passwords to get online.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:43 pm

The other anomaly with Terra is that it is treated by Spyware Blaster as a restricted site and you have to disable protection against it in order to gain access to email log-in.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:50 pm

Beachcomber wrote:The other anomaly with Terra is that it is treated by Spyware Blaster as a restricted site and you have to disable protection against it in order to gain access to email log-in.
yeah i noticed that, i wonder why that is, perhaps it uses java or something ?

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

thanks

Postby pilgrim » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:10 pm

many thanks El Cid, tried to pm you, but it said i could not?almost there I think. When I go into Outlook express a box pops up titled Iniciar session - pop3. telefonica net. it says servidor. smtp.telefonica.net my user name with the $ and my password already there with the options to aceptar or cancelar. If I click aceptar or cancelar the box just disppears only to reappear seconds later.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:15 pm

If the PM doesn't work email me direct.

Sid