HELP PLEASE- SOLD CAR NO LOGBOOK OR SCRAP CERTIFICATE

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Jk
Andalucia.com Amigo

HELP PLEASE- SOLD CAR NO LOGBOOK OR SCRAP CERTIFICATE

Postby Jk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:50 pm

Can anyone please help. I sold our Spanish car to an English person 6 years ago, gave him the logbook and forgot all about it.
I have now had money taken from my bank account for road tax for the last 4 years, I am not worried about the money, but I cannot get the Traffico department to accept that the card was scrapped in 2002 in England. I have contacted the owner but he has no papers or record from the scrapyard. I also have to take the word of the owner that he has disposed of the car in this manner.
Has anyone had a similar problem and how did they resolve the problem.
I have been to every local police office in Marbella without success.

Any help please otherwise this carries on indefinately.

Regards Jk.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:01 pm

I think you need to go to a gestor experienced in dealing with problems of this kind. There is a procedure for making a declaration to DGT that you no longer own a particular vehicle but you will still be responsible for fines and taxes up until the moment it is accepted.

You will need to provide full details of the person to whom you sold it. There is an online form and if I can find it I will post the link.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:44 am

just been through the same thing with a friend, we went to the foreigners department at mijas town hall and they gave us a form to send to traffico stating that he no longer owned the car and had not for some time. he had to fill in various dates and passport details. the bad bit was he had to pay all the arrears ( €400) before he could send in the form. his property was at mijas costa so you may hay to go to marbella town hall to sort yours out.

Jk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jk » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 am

Many thanks for the replies, this has been a great help. I don't mind paying the fees, they have taken then off my bank this was how I found out there was a problem.

Beachcomber, if you have that link it would be great.

I may pay a visit to Marbella Town Hall tomorrow and see what they say.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards Jk.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:50 pm

I think it is this one 907A (Impreso 9.07A: Notificación de transmisión de vehículos (Castellano))

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:30 pm

so to help others when selling a Spanish reg car, what is the correct procedures, can it be done by ones self,? or is it complicating,the car i have, it was all done by the dealer,

Jk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Can I please give an update. Been into the officina liquidatoria office of the Junta de Andalucia in Marbella today, and now have the form to change owners, the number of the form is a 620.

Unfortunately the person that bought the car 6 years ago now lives in the UK and does not have an NIE number or any paperwork on the car, there lies the problem, as the form asks for the N.I.F. number.

Not quite sure how I will resolve this problem, any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Kind regards John.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:18 pm

The form for change of ownership is different. What you need to do is declare that you are no longer the owner so that you do not continue to be charged for car tax etc.

Jk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:04 pm

Can anyone please tell me where the Trafico department is in Malaga, I think I will require to pay them a visit.

Many thanks Jk.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:29 pm

and i believe that you have to pay tax up to today in order to "get the car off ur name" ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.