2nd hand car needed in AEG

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
lizzie
Andalucia.com Amigo

2nd hand car needed in AEG

Postby lizzie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Is anyone able to recommend a good place to buy a second hand car in the Alhaurin el Grande area please. Do they have car auctions anywhere ?

malagaman2005
Resident

Re: 2nd hand car needed in AEG

Postby malagaman2005 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:26 pm

Can't really recommend anywhere in AEG, but be wary of the dealers on the Poligino, their vehicles are very overpriced and.............. well I'm not saying anymore!. Car auctions are a very rare breed in Spain, your best bet is probably the local freebie papers, shop windows etc but PLEASE make sure the paperwork is correct and do the transfer through a Gestor.
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:33 pm

I take my cars for servicing to a small Spanish garage in an Alhaurín el Grande back street and as a friend was looking for a second-hand car I asked them if they could recommend a reliable and honest dealer in the area. The answer was an emphatic 'No, don't touch any of them with a barge pole' (or words to that effect).

I agree with the comments about the dealers on Polígono La Rosa and with the unspoken comment if it is what I suspect it to be.

lizzie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lizzie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 am

Many thanks guys, I will be very wary.