Seviour Insurance

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Connor
Tourist

Seviour Insurance

Postby Connor » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:06 pm

It's time for my annual motor insurance. I've always been with LD and have had no problems, but this year their renewal quote seems expensive, Fully Comp for a 7 year old Focus at €464. Seviour have quoted €318. Quite a saving!!!!!

Does anybody have experience of this company???

Thanks

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 pm

I've used them for 3 years now and always deal with Mark in the AEG office. Fortunately I've never had to use the claims service but feel confident that if I did, Mark (or his dad Stewart), would be there to help me through the process. As with all insurance you have to balance out the pros & cons of a cheaper premium but I've always found them to give a better quote than LD in the past.
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 pm

My hubby has used them since having a car in spain(about 4 years now)never had a claim yet,but always very happy with the service,Plus if you can find it cheaper elsewhere ,they can normally get a better price or do it for the same price.I would have no doubts in recommending them. :D

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:57 pm

Make sure you’re getting the same level of cover.
I nearly slipped up with this on a quote from Mapfre, but when I asked them to match the cover, there was little difference and I’ve found LD are good with claims.
However I ended up going with Pelayo, they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.!!!

gretch

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:22 pm

As already stated in my previous reply

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 pm

I have been with Linea Directa for years. I think motor insurance is too important a matter to try to skimp on and I certainly have no confidence in these English operated companies.

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:10 pm

I didn't realise Liberty Seguros was an english company

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:21 pm

I have looked again in case I missed it but I can't see any reference to Liberty Seguros in this thread.

It is actually owned by an American company called Liberty Mutual.

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:59 am

My apologies, when you said you had no confidence in english operated companies I assumed you were referring to english insurance companies of which there have been many discussions on this forum re the rights & wrongs of such companies issuing policys in spain. Liberty may well be american owned but clearly they are spanish registered and I can see no reason why they shouldn't be as reliable as someone like LD.
The reason I went with them on my last vehicle, a 4x4, was that LD's quote was 950 euros and Liberty was 485 euros for the same cover and LD would not budge on their price. Just wanted to clarify my remarks and clear up any confusion.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 am

OK, thanks. My premiums with Linea Directa have remained static for at least the past five years although I haven't bothered to obtain any other specific quotes and the generic on line quotes from other companies have always been higher.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:49 pm

I am now with Seviour and find them efficient, helpful and competitively priced. I have broken down once with a blown up turbo and they had a grua to me within 20 minutes. No accidents so far and I don' :) t want one.
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:23 pm

......"I've used them for 3 years now and always deal with Mark in the AEG office. Fortunately I've never had to use the claims service but feel confident that if I did, Mark (or his dad Stewart), would be there to help me through the process........."

Used them for the last 5 years.......Had claim on 3 week old car and they sorted out the non-licenced other driver, non-show inspector and cr#p repair......always helpful.

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"