That subject again - importing a car!

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: That subject again - importing a car!

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 am

fearless nige wrote: we consider that to be a fare mileage.
No, I don't think that it is enough for it to have been a taxi, probably a private car.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:15 pm

However, the s/h value of a RHD car in Spain is absolutely zilch so you will need to run it into the ground to make it a decent financial proposition.
Nope.

I'd be happy to pay a few €s more than zilch for a well looked after, street legal UK car (ie on spanish plates, ITV'd etc). As far as i'm concerned all the second hand cars here are overpriced rubbish - hardly ever serviced and repaired and never washed. The ITV is a joke compared with our MOT.

Anyone who's got one and within spitting distance of Nerja please PM me.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

markwilding wrote: I too would wonder why a Britsh car for use in Spain.
Where we are in the mountains I actually find my RHD and easier drive than our LHD. In fact it is probably safer on the windy mountain roads as you get to see around the left hand bends sooner. The only disadvantage is when you need to get a ticket at a car park.

The ITV center at Algarrobo can do the import vehicle tests as they did mine a month or so ago.
Regards

Bob

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks folks. I'm going to go and ask at the test station in Algarrobo this week. For anyone interested I'll post what I find on here!

spaniola
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby spaniola » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Go to traffico and tell them you want to import a car they will give you the name of a Perrito or technical guy who will produce a ficha tecnica. The process is then underway.

It cost me around 700 Euros in total, ITV, taxes, 2nd-hand, head lights, for a 7 year-old Peugeot estate.

To those that wonder, no I didn't buy it, it was a gift - that I had to go over to the UK for.

Left or right hand drive all the same to me - as long as it works.
http://www.andaluciaexplorer.blogspot.com