updating Spanish driving licences

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
pilgrim2
Resident

updating Spanish driving licences

Postby pilgrim2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:15 pm

On our Spanish driving licences a few of the classes are due to expire this year C1,C,D1, D etc...., but the car B licence is not due to be renewed until 2014. It is not so important for me, but hubby needs the others for his work in the UK, we usually do all this kind of stuff ourselves, so before we make the journey to traffico in Sevilla I`d like to know whats in store for us ! :crazy:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: updating Spanish driving licences

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 pm

pilgrim2 wrote:On our Spanish driving licences a few of the classes are due to expire this year C1,C,D1, D etc...., but the car B licence is not due to be renewed until 2014. It is not so important for me, but hubby needs the others for his work in the UK, we usually do all this kind of stuff ourselves, so before we make the journey to traffico in Sevilla I`d like to know whats in store for us ! :crazy:
It's very simple now and doesn't involve Trafico.

Just go to your nearest medical test centre with your old licence and ID (passport and registration certificate) and they will sort it all for you including taking new photos. They send it all off digitally and you should get the new licence in less than two weeks in the post.

Sid

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:20 pm

El Cid wrote:
pilgrim2 wrote:On our Spanish driving licences a few of the classes are due to expire this year C1,C,D1, D etc...., but the car B licence is not due to be renewed until 2014. It is not so important for me, but hubby needs the others for his work in the UK, we usually do all this kind of stuff ourselves, so before we make the journey to traffico in Sevilla I`d like to know whats in store for us ! :crazy:
It's very simple now and doesn't involve Trafico.

Just go to your nearest medical test centre with your old licence and ID (passport and registration certificate) and they will sort it all for you including taking new photos. They send it all off digitally and you should get the new licence in less than two weeks in the post.

Sid
+1 :thumbup:
Todos somos Lorca.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks Cid