Firefly

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
swerve
Resident

Firefly

Postby swerve » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi just booked 8 days car hire with a broker and have been allocated firefly has anyone had any dealings with this company. I think they used to trade as advantage. We can cancel free within 48 hours so any comments or experiences would be welcomed.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Firefly

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:04 pm

We used them last time we were over - found them helpful, tho as the office is in the car park and is only small, there is a waiting area outside which gets quite stuffy & frume-ridden. Having said that, I just pushed my way in , as hubby has a lung condition, and got served immediately.
A week or so later, when we went to get more fuel,we discovered that there was no filler cap, so as we were actually on our way to the airport to pick someone up, we went back to Firefly, who said they didn't carry any parts and the car would have to go back to the garage and we could have another vehicle.
On the basis of if you don't ask you don't get, I suggested they might like to give us a Berlingo or similar (at no extra cost of course :wink: ) as a sort of compensation. Lo & behold, when our replacement car arrived, it was a Peugot Partner :D . To offset the fuel we'd already put in the first car, they gave us a full tank in the Partner, so all in all pretty good service. Both cars were in good condition too, and clean :thumbup:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks chrissie there £17.00 cheaper than our normal supplier but I've read a few horror stories on trip advisor regarding them over charging for fuel and the condition of there cars.

Anyone else had any dealings with them.

Thanks again
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Not recently but we have been with Advantage in the past, through doyouspain and had no problems. We even had an occasion when the battery in the car was flat (which we think was our fault, leaving lights on) and they had someone up to us in our mountain village within half an hour to sort us out.

The cars we have had have been fine, clean and new-ish. We had a 3 month hire when we first moved over last year and it was very reasonable price-wise.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:10 pm

We've used Firefly (previously Advantage) on several occasions & have always been supplied with nearly new cars in excellent condition.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Edit. i see t.a reviews have been mentioned