Parking Fine in Torre del Mar

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Free at Last
Resident

Re: Parking Fine in Torre del Mar

Postby Free at Last » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:13 am

elusive wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:11 pm I noticed in torre today that lots of previous white lined parking areas frontline were now blue. Will these be pay or like torrox?
Yes, people parking in the new blue zones will have to pay (€0.70 for 1 hour or €1.70 for 2 hours). The Ayuntamiento have more than tripled the number of blue zone spaces from 1 June this year and local Spanish residents are furious about it, there have been demonstrations outside the town hall and many angry comments on social media. I believe residents can buy a weekly pass but people are absolutely opposed to paying.

https://zonaazul.city/velez-malaga/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:42 pm

The only good thing is that maybe there will be greater turnover of spaces and some will become available to visitors. This seems to have worked on Torrox Costa as we have usually been able to find a space in the height of summer. I know here that people come for a month in the summer and then just hog a parking space for the whole time. You see dusty cars with all their beach stuff stored in it that obviously have not moved for weeks.

Places like Nerja are just impossible now and we really don't want to go there at all if we can possibly help it. Last summer when I was having physio twice a week, my OH had to drop me off (luckily on the outskirts of town) then go to Lidl's and wait for me there and then return to collect me. The underground was closed as it was full and it was awful with cars constantly going round and round looking for spaces that didn't exist. It really does put you off going to a town where it's impossible to park.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:19 pm

Driving past last week it seemed as if the work on the new health centre had started, that's a lot less parking in Nerja now !
I will have to go and see Gestoria in the next weeks so will report.
When visiting her I have always parked on the Health site.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:48 pm

Free at Last wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:13 am
elusive wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:11 pm I noticed in torre today that lots of previous white lined parking areas frontline were now blue. Will these be pay or like torrox?
Yes, people parking in the new blue zones will have to pay (€0.70 for 1 hour or €1.70 for 2 hours). The Ayuntamiento have more than tripled the number of blue zone spaces from 1 June this year and local Spanish residents are furious about it, there have been demonstrations outside the town hall and many angry comments on social media. I believe residents can buy a weekly pass but people are absolutely opposed to paying.

https://zonaazul.city/velez-malaga/
Thanks. That will certainly bring a few quid in!
Lyric wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:19 pm Driving past last week it seemed as if the work on the new health centre had started, that's a lot less parking in Nerja now !
I will have to go and see Gestoria in the next weeks so will report.
When visiting her I have always parked on the Health site.
The ground works have been going on for a good while. Tbh it never looks any different! You can still park on the scrubland at the far end where the slope is. When the schools break up this week that will probably be your best best. At the moment its not to bad and there's a new paid parking lot about to open behind the nerja sign on the coast road. Behind the recently opened free paid parking lot. Dont know what the prices will be like but its another option

NeilS
Tourist

Postby NeilS » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:25 pm

gerryh wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:38 pm The blue lines/ parking spaces in Torrox costa are different than in other towns.
During the summer months, you need a parking disc to show the time you arrived as there is a limit to how long you can park.
They were introduced as the local shops complained they lost customers as they couldn't park near the shops.
Parking is free.
There are signs up explaining this but they are few and far between.
Cheers
Gerry
Thank you!!!

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:40 pm

We have lived in this area for nine years and have never had a problem to park in Nerja.
There is a huge carpark behind the Carabeo.
I have never seen it anywhere near full.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:04 pm

I refuse to go anywhere near Nerja in the summer as it's impossible to park. Last year I was having to go for physio there and even the underground carpark was closed by the police as it was full. It was bedlam and my OH had to drop me off then go and park in Lidl and wait for me to finish. We know Nerja well and know of some of the places that visitors may not, but it's still is and always has (in the many years I've lived here) been a pain to park there. If you want to spend any time there then the paid for carparks like the one behind Carabeo or the underground can be expensive plus it is not always anywhere close to where I want to be. We only go into the underground when we know we shall only be half an hour.

The blue lines here in Torrox Costa have generally worked this summer and I've seen a fair few tickets handed out this year too. There is at least some turnaround and if you hang around for five minutes, often a car will leave. We rarely leave the house in August as it's so busy everywhere, but the parking restrictions have helped on the occasions we have had to venture out.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:12 am

Good Morning

Yes, these are Bays you have to put money in a machine near your Parking Space and display the Ticket on your dashboard. Marbella has the same Blue lines but Puerto Banus has Green lines. I do not know what the difference is.

David

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:23 pm

The Torre del Mar ones don't have pay machines.
There is an attendant who wanders around to collect the money.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:11 am

The ground works on the health centre at nerja have finished and its been opened up for parking again