Car Hire Malaga Airport

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Car Hire Malaga Airport

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:24 am

I really think Sid should step in here. Ashtondav is just trying to provoke a reaction from several forum members.

Let it go ASHDAV

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Car Hire Malaga Airport

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:31 pm

One thing i do know is that since using car hire companies the amount that they block from your card has more than doubled over the past 5 yrs, not only that those who always opt to take the car companies own insurance will have found that has doubled also... I am very wary of car hire companies who block large amounts on your credit card, i feel they do so with the intention of at least hopefully hanging onto some if not all of it..I tend to stay clear of them even though i have my own insurance, i just don't need the hassle of them poking about looking for every little scratch that they may try to claim wasn't there before we took the car and the hassle of claiming back the excess on my own insurance...
There are still some out there who do not block eye watering amounts although they are becoming far and few between and the overall cost of the carhire tends to be higher but if peace of mind and 24hr roadside assistance is important to you then sometimes it's worth the extra...I will never pay silly prices for carhire but i am never drawn in by the cheapest quotes either.