ITV whats going on NOW

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
john the baptist
Resident

ITV whats going on NOW

Postby john the baptist » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:32 am

HI are the itv being done now today at 15th April??? Ive got one in june but ive been told they have been suspended for 6 months. and of course there will be a massive backlog of all the cars that have to be done during the lockdown.

I cant buy any car products as in oils and parts and my local garage is still closed. I need to perform miracles to get my car passed but this is proving impossible. I also have a motorbike that need to be done in november which ironically i know it will fail due to broken tachometer and its too expensive to repair for the value of the bike, so it would be scrapped. Ive for an odometer from an doner bike that says 16000km my bike last did 47000km whats the chance of them noticing, apart from that everything works fine.

i thought the kms were help in the ICU turns out its in the instrument clusture and i cant find anywhere to hack the system and reset the km to the higher setting.

any advice as always would be greatfully received

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: ITV whats going on NOW

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:41 am

In the latest partial return to work ITV stations were not included.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:55 am

I can't help with your mechanical problems but if you check here from time to time:

https://www.itvcita.com/mantenimiento/aviso.html

It will keep you up to date with developments as far as ITV appointments are concerned.

If you have registered your mobile telephone number with them and the last appointment was cancelled by SMS you should receive another text when things are operational again.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 am

https://www.veiasa.es/

Thats for andalucia but i presume theres a site for murcia. Stations here are been used for testing. I had a ITV booked for the end of march. No idea how it will work after they re open.nothing has been said other than ppl wondering if it will just be a free for all or appointments will be given out in order of when they were cancelled.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:12 am

This appears to be the entity that covers most of the country outside of Andalucía. There is a question and answer page that may help. I don't know if it covers Murcia but I assume that the answers to the questions will apply to the whole country as it is subject to the same national Royal Decree:

https://www.aeca-itv.com/blog/crisis-co ... de-alarma/

To answer your specific question, when the ITV stations open again there will be consultations with the Ministerio de Industria to determine the most efficient manner in which to proceed without causing the whole system to collapse. So, at the moment, we don't know!

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Can't belive you'd be forced to scrap the bike if you have a odometer that shows the wrong km. When I was a wee boy the "known" procedure for this was to attach the odometer to a power drill, but don't know how many weeks that will take with your kms. ;-)
Surely there are standard procedures for how to do this, so I'd ask at a garage, or the ITV if I spoke Spanish well enough. I'm guessing it would involve taking a photo of your old odometer next to the new odometer, but don't know what else.

Don't know where you're located, but perhaps other garages are open there? The garage I usually go to (Benalmadena) sent out a whatsapp message some days ago that they are open again now, for "necessary work", so I'm guessing others are too.