Car finance

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Car finance

Postby bbobandannie » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:36 am

When we get back to normality i thinking of treating myself to a new car. As the better deals here invariably come with accepting the financed price can anyone advise re the probability of being accepted for finance. Does Spain have the same credit scoring system as the UK, if so can we view it? What documentation would we need?
We have residencia, 5 years Sabadelle account, proof of pension income and a Spanish tax return.
Thanks

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Car finance

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:48 pm

I'm not exactly sure how they rate you but I would say even allowing for the interest, the cost can work out quite a bit cheaper with finance.
I receive mail shots and messages to my phone offering me more credit but if that's the only price I pay for the massive discount, I would say it's a price worth paying.
As my current finance period is about to come to an end, I was also thinking of buying a new car but I might leave it for a year because of the corona virus situation However, it might also mean that there will be some good deals to be had so tell us how you get on