CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:52 pm

I am sorry that i can't help with your query...I just wanted to say hello stranger and welcome back..it's been some time since you were on the forum, good to see that you are still around.. :wave:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:54 pm

Not sure. Some of these sites are a bit unpredictable.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:52 pm I am sorry that i can't help with your query...I just wanted to say hello stranger and welcome back..it's been some time since you were on the forum, good to see that you are still around.. :wave:
Thank you for that. I had to return to the UK Spring 2020 to sort out some mini-disasters there and each time I thought I could at least just hop back the advice/warnings changed shape. I don't mind a bit of quarantine etc but even the possibility of widespread flight cancellations keeping me here and other dependents there was too risky.

Friendly neighbours' messages (and pictures) of my ES car being grua'd away from the communal car park - off public roads but at least partly owned/maintained by the ayuntamiento - forced a scrabble for the vaccination certificate and a flight. While I've been stuck in Blighty, I couldn't bear to remind myself of what I was missing :(

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:26 pm

1bassleft wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:18 pm Bit of a segue, but related. I have booked online a cita for 18/08 at a distant station because this was the earliest I could get. I thought I'd check if anything earlier/nearer had come up but (as I suspected) my details and current appointment came up with a "modificar cita" option.

What I'm worried about is if I click this and it wipes the best option I have so far, pushing me further back. Has anyone tried the option and do you know if your current one stays intact until you click on a confirmation? If it does, I'd be happy to make regular checks for a better slot but I'll stick with what I have if no-one's sure.

Thanks in advance
My original appointment staid intact until I confirmed the new one.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Thanks, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I shall have a hopeful look for nearer and earlier without worrying.

Very grateful for your quick response :thumbup:

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 am

I think stick with the appointment you already have. Who knows what will happen, if you amend this appointment to another Testing Station and a earlier date , if possible. Your existing appointment will be cancelled in the system and maybe an earlier is not now available. " A catch 22 situation, I think"

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:55 am

We regularly book any random appointments for cars where the itv has expired, and then 'modify cita' to an easier time or station

You can't do anything until you cancel the appointment that the car already has tho, it doesn't allow two appointments for the same car
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi,
Update on ITV.......
Booked on line yesterday given one date and time...........as per "priority for those with expired ITV"
Took furgoneta in today and as per Beachcomber's Post earlier in the year...........

There are some rules to follow when you are at the testing station.

1.- Put the documentation underneath the windscreen wiper.
2.- A mask (without valves) must be worn at all times during the process.
3.- All doors must be unlocked, windows open and seatbelts plugged in.
4.- You must not get out of the vehicle unless specifically instructed to do so.
5.- Only one person allowed in the vehicle during the inspection.

The Book in procedure is fully automated........if it works :!: ........it fell over after taking my credit card so the paper work had to be manually entered like the old days.
Today's date was used so I have one year from today.

Only one person in the car so used my ace card and had Mrs E take it down the line............ :D

The test procedure isn't very thorough so if you have an old vehicle and don't do your own servicing make sure your local servicing agent gives it a good look over once a year.

10 months late for my Test so the " incremento fuera plazo 12% " was €4.14

The above was carried out at the Alcalá la Real ITV Station.

Use a hair dryer to heat old ITV sticker and it will peel off easily............but you already know that....... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:00 pm

It depends where you go. Last week we took my wife’s car for its first ITV in Motril. No problem getting an appointment a week before it was due in Motril (my choice of date and time).

Almost none of those rules applied. Both in the car throughout the test. Windows closed, belts not locked etc. Masks were required. All instructions in English.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:25 pm

Hi Sid,

Guess we are behind the trend up here........only Spanish......and sticking to earlier Rules.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:51 pm

I have now had two text reminders for our 4x4. ITV has expired while we have been away. Not sure what to do. Maybe just book an appointment and then change it when we have a better idea or indeed an idea of a return date. Can always change it. Had just intended to leave booking a date till we are back.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 am

Enrique, Extremadura is even more behind the times and, apart from booking way ahead to actually get an appointment, all the rules are pre-Covid, apart from mask wearing. ITV stations are mainly in the open air anyway so no one seems that paranoid.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:09 am

olive wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:51 pm I have now had two text reminders for our 4x4. ITV has expired while we have been away. Not sure what to do. Maybe just book an appointment and then change it when we have a better idea or indeed an idea of a return date. Can always change it. Had just intended to leave booking a date till we are back.
As long as its parked on your land and not on a public road you will probably be OK. We have cars that are 2 or 3 years out.. one I can think of has had 1 itv in 12 years ... :crazy:

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 pm

No, No and three time NO. Unless you get the Guardia Civil to "seal it" (and I'm not sure they still do that) then the vehicle MUST be taxed and insured. There is no "Off Road" in Spain. If you want to tax the car again then you have to tax it for all the missing years.

If you scrap the car then I believe the taxes etc. are waived

Davexf

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:30 pm

dxf wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 pm There is no "Off Road" in Spain. If you want to tax the car again then you have to tax it for all the missing years.
Temporary Withdrawal

This is when you ad­vise the DGT or Traffic De­part­ment that a vehicle is temporarily with­drawn from cir­cu­la­tion.

The reas­ons for tem­por­ar­ily can­cel­ling a vehicle could be:
•Per­sonal cir­*beep*­stances.
•You have de­livered the vehicle to be sold.
•The vehicle has been stolen

Necessary requirements

In the case of a car be­ing taken to an­other coun­try, be­fore re­quest­ing the can­cel­la­tion of the vehicle you must can­cel any­thing re­cor­ded such as a lease agree­ment un­less you have the ex­press con­sent of the fin­ance com­pany to take it abroad.

If you can­cel your vehicle, al­ways re­mem­ber the fol­low­ing:

If it is a def­in­ite with­drawal, you can only carry out the pro­ced­ure in an au­thor­ised breaker´s yard and you must de­liver the vehicle along with the doc­u­ment­a­tion and this will give you a proof that it is taken off the road. If you en­trust a third party to carry out this pro­cess on your be­half, you must ask for this proof. The re­ceipt must clearly in­dic­ate that it is a defin­it­ive with­drawal and must in­clude the data of both the vehicle and the breaker´s yard that has done the work.

If it is a tem­por­ary can­cel­la­tion for per­sonal reas­ons you must take into ac­count that the vehicle in ques­tion must not go onto the road.

What documentation do you need?

You need to present the fol­low­ing doc­u­ment­a­tion:
• An ori­ginal ap­plic­a­tion, which is provided both in the breaker´s yard or scrapyard as well as in the Traffic De­part­ment.
• Iden­ti­fic­a­tion:-

In­di­vidu­als: an of­fi­cial doc­u­ment prov­ing your iden­tity and ad­dress (DNI, Span­ish driv­ing li­cense, res­id­ence card, pass­port plus NIE – For­eigner Iden­ti­fic­a­tion Num­ber).

Legal rep­res­ent­at­ives: Tax iden­ti­fic­a­tion and ac­cred­it­a­tion of the rep­res­ent­a­tion and iden­tity of the sig­nat­ory.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 am

dxf wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 pm No, No and three time NO. Unless you get the Guardia Civil to "seal it" (and I'm not sure they still do that) then the vehicle MUST be taxed and insured. There is no "Off Road" in Spain. If you want to tax the car again then you have to tax it for all the missing years.

If you scrap the car then I believe the taxes etc. are waived

Davexf
But nobody is talking about tax or insurance. This is a conversation about having a valid ITV and the car parked inside your garage / or in your own garden on private land. :wtf:

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:45 pm

Hola,

You miss the point; the vehicle does NOT have a valid ITV; regardless of that, it must have road tax and insurance unless it is temporarily withdrawn as above.

Davexf