CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Ahh.. and Re the website / app "not working"... I was told to call back later for some of my appointments - they have set the computer to prioritise the bookings for cars already ran out or close to running out. If your ITV runs out next month, you have to wait for a few weeks to make an appointment as they dont deem it as "urgent".

Fair play i suppose, they must have thousands to get through
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:03 pm

For our two one ran out in March and the other in June (22nd if memory serves). I booked two appointments in the same session, the first for the March car, cita is this Wednesday and the other is the 10th September, these obtained within 2 minutes of each other.
Just confirming the timing bias the lad writes of.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:42 am

My ITV which was due end of April was booked a few weeks back for early September. Not that bothered when it is really as everyone's is late this year.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:18 pm

The ITV appointments still seems to be in some kind of turmoil. I have just made an appointment in Mijas for one of my vehicles which is due in April and there are no appointments available prior to March.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:53 pm

All the ITV Centres in Andalucia and else where in Spain are still catching up with the backlog of appointments which were booked between March & June during the Covid-19 Lock down.
My ITV expired on 27th May 2020 and have only just managed to book an appointment for 11th February 2021.
You have to be patient and keep on trying every couple of days to see if some appointments become available.

David

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pm

Didn't have this issue at Algarobbo. Normally i get my village garage to prepare and take the car for itv. They don't charge much over and above the cost of the test. No brainer as far as I'm concerned. Anyways i knew it ran out in December so early November I went to them and they booked a test for 2nd Dec. May have been earlier slots available.

So maybe try the algarobbo itv station.
Regards

Bob

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:36 pm

I live in Estepona. No slots were available in Estepona, San Pedro de Alcantara or Algeciras last week until Late January or February next year 2021. Obviously these are very busy ITV Stations in Andalucia. Motorists are very lucky to find other ITV Centres that are not that busy in other parts of Andalucia and have bookings available.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:27 am

casita-bonita wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pm . Normally i get my village garage to prepare and take the car for itv.
Mechanics / garages get preference over 'normal people'.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:39 am

It would appear that the online booking system is not working properly. Recently there was a block of one week available in March for the Mijas testing station. Whichever date was selected the only times available on each of those dates were 6.50am and 11.11am.

It seems to have been rectified now because, as I said, I have been able to book a test for one of my vehicles that expires in April.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:09 am

spanish_lad wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:27 am
casita-bonita wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pm . Normally i get my village garage to prepare and take the car for itv.
That's another reason why I always use them, along with the fact that they visit the itv station freqeuntly and are known to the testers so maybe getting an easier run at the test.

Fingers crossed for the Smart today..

Money well spent methinks.
Regards

Bob

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:12 am

spanish_lad wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:27 am
Not as far as I know. The garage I asked to take my car to the ITV got the same date as what was listed as first available to me via the regular website.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 am

I´ve had customers not want to wait till we can do it, and they come back on the same day or after a week with an ITV. If theres no appointments for 2 months, you explain it?

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:15 pm

spanish_lad wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 am I´ve had customers not want to wait till we can do it, and they come back on the same day or after a week with an ITV. If theres no appointments for 2 months, you explain it?
No, I cannot. Maybe you're right and some do have a way then. I only know that the first appointment I could get online at any of the two-three ITV stations I tried was past my last expiry date, and so I contacted the garage I usually go to and asked them to make an appointment for me, and the date they got back to me with was the same as I could have gotten myself. I told the garage it was past my expiry date, but they said unfortunately they could not do anything about that, all was full.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:08 pm

+"the garage I usually go to"....maybe need to up the value of their Xmas little brown envelopes to the ITV station staff?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:07 am

Maybe its like the T.I.E appointments? They put them out in batches and if you are lucky to be checking at the right time then...

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:59 am

information for anyone looking:

booked an appointment yesterday online, the car has ITV till the 15th of january.. and they gave an appointment of febuary 17th.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:14 am

Hi Everyone, Just to let everyone know the car had its ITV expire in June when it was closed, I was then obviously given an extension so started to call and go online without any joy. The app did not work, the people on the phone told me to book online as when the closer to date as priority is being given to "normal" cars so they don't delay them as they are now open.

Anyway now we are in December my January date is coming close and the earliest i could get was MARCH!!!!! So i thought id better book as what else could I do. Again I did call but no luck and the app I deleted as it froze. HOWEVER when completing my booking I was given a date of 23rd December 2020 which obviously will keep me legal.

I'm not sure why but I'm very pleased. Also for the bike I was given an appointment well in time, it actually failed first time for and "add on" it has had since I bought it from a dealer and has always had it, but I'm not complaining, took off the offending item, rebooked got an immediate Monday morning appointment, took 5 minutes as they only checked again the one item which no longer was there. Motorbikes over 10 years old always get 2 years which is ironic as they are more dangerous than cars however I'm not complaining, my car is almost 20 years old and still going and hopefully will pass.

Is it still the case that they will not enter the car???? not sure how they will check seatbelts ???? is it true if/when it passes i wont get a year Ill get up to the one year anniversary of the original ITV (i.e.) only up to June 2021???

cheers

JB

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:34 am

When both mine were done recently one had to present with windows open and the belts were done through the window.

Your last is correct just up the original anniversary.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:36 am

Cheers Lyric, lets hope its not closed for a lockdown (sorry not funny)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:48 am

When I had mine done at San Javier, Murcia, I started to open the windows etc but the chap just said to leave it to him and jumped in and did everything...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.