CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
john the baptist
Resident

CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Postby john the baptist » Fri May 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi can someone please clarify the situation as it is today this week on ITV for vehicles. Obviously all the test centers have been closed so for the last say 3 months or 2 their have been none done. owners obviously are not at fault and more or less are not using their cars ane bikes.

so my question is if my itv is in june for my car and the lock down is still in place what is going to happen??? have owners still be receive their notice that their ITV is going to run out and that they must book an appointment. There are no garages open and you cant even buy car oil in carrefour to do your own oil change.

i know that the uk have extended MOT for 6 months making them 18 months automatically to give it some time for things to calm down, does anyone know what the Spanish government have done??? will be get fined for driving an out of date car say in july in my case.

i cant be the only one with this problem. thanks you in advance for any advice on the subject.

JB

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Postby gerryh » Fri May 01, 2020 12:54 pm

I believe this was answered in Beachcomber reply to your earlier question on this subject.
See:-
https://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewto ... 36&t=40042
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 01, 2020 12:57 pm

I can't remember where I've read it but as with expired driving licences, it isn't a problem if your ITV has expired during lockdown. I think it will take months for them to catch up when the ITV stations eventually open. My first ITV was due in April but I'm not worrying as it will have to wait until it's possible to make an appointment, along with everyone else.

https://www.veiasa.es/noticias/2020/abr ... l-covid-19
This was published yesterday about new instructions that the tester will not enter the car to carry out any of the test, but only check the exterior parts. It acknowledges that ITV centres remain shut.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 01, 2020 1:41 pm

Ours ran out in april. Theres no fines and i read on the axarquia police f.b site theres 30 days grace after the state of alarm ends to get it done Thats obviously rubbish as even before corona happened there was back logs for appointments.thousands of cars arent going to get tested within 30 days. No info on how the rebookings will be done. Logically those cancelled first will be done first or will it be a free for all?? All you can do is keep checking the offical site for updates.

I hope its sooner rather than later because as soon as possible i want to be going off and seeing places and even if its legally ok i dont fancy been stopped along way from home and questioned over no ITV and we go around in a new circle of you cant travel more than x amount of km from your home until the itv is done. Which wouldnt surprise me considering what its like now

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Fri May 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Thu, 04/30/2020 - 14:26
The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism has published a special version COVID-19 of the Inspection Procedure Manual for ITV stations that comes into force today, April 30, despite the fact that ITV centers are still closed throughout Spain. .

The intention is for ITVs to have time to adapt to the new inspection procedures, regardless of the date determined for the return to activity of ITV stations.

The main novelty presented by the aforementioned Manual is that the inspection staff will not have to access the interior of the vehicles to check the points of the internal cabin.

As it is extracted from the Preamble of the text, “the technical inspection of vehicles will be carried out with the inspector located outside the vehicle, without accessing the passenger compartment or driving position. The driver must follow the inspector's instructions to carry out the checks specified in the manual. ”

Therefore, the vehicle must access the inspection line with the doors and gates unlocked, following the instructions given by the station staff.
As an exception to the above, buses (category M2 and M3 vehicles) must be presented for inspection clean, under the daily cleaning conditions required in article 14.e) of Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, by the that the state of alarm is declared for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19, to allow access to the interior of the inspector if necessary.
Another very important novelty is the temporary exemption from the OBD reading for the gas emission test, except in Euro VI diesel trucks or in the absence of physical measurement. We recall that since September 2018 it is mandatory to check the emission control system of Euro 5 and Euro 6 light vehicles and of Euro VI heavy vehicles, through the on-board diagnostic system.
On the other hand, the new Manual introduces that “exceptionally, in vehicles with previous inspections, and in order to prevent the inspector from entering the passenger compartment, the frame number can be checked on the nameplate or through the windshield”.
Finally, the vehicles to which the vacuum pump is inspected (those that have a pneumatic circuit for the braking system) will be tested with a manometer or brake meter, if the indicator is not visible.
As the Ministry clarifies, "this review is established on a temporary basis, for the adaptation of the inspection procedures to the recommendations to limit COVID-19 infections, without prejudice to the rest of the occupational risk protection measures that companies must adopt that provide technical vehicle inspection services ”.

Therefore, the application of the new version of the Manual that was being worked on (ver. 7.4.2.), “Is postponed indefinitely, to allow inspection entities to focus on the changes in this version 7.4.1. COVID-19 ".

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 07, 2020 1:43 pm

https://motor.elpais.com/actualidad/itv ... de-alarma/

Itv organisations asking for the goverment to allow cars whos ITV expired during the state of alarm to have until the 30 sept to get them done. Currently its 30 days which is impossible due to the amount of cars waiting.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 am

New update. All areas in phase one will start ITV tests from the 11th

https://www.veiasa.es/node/1419

https://www.veiasa.es/noticias/2020/may ... rre-por-el

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun May 10, 2020 9:26 am

But that says Malaga and Granada provinces are excluded as still in phase 0.
So for a lot of us, on this forum, no ITV testing yet.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Yeah thats correct. Only phase one centres opening up. But an indiction for malaga and granada about the near future.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 11, 2020 10:33 am

We are in the newly-phase1 Murcia region, and I have just made an appointment for ITV on the 25th May, the first day appointments were available. I guess people have jumped in as soon as the station reopened this morning as all the slots from today on are filled.
Pleased with the local Toyota agents as I emailed them at the weekend to ask for an appointment for the four year service as they have been closed until today and they have given me a slot on Thursday.
I have been trying to find out how long before expiry I can get my permiso renewed, as there is the remote possibility I may travel in July, and the licence expires 1th August - anyone have that info?
EDIT have found that one can renew up to three months before expiry.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am

Itvs in andalucia back from the 18th. Thats if you can get in the site as it keeps going down

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 pm

Just had a look but no dates available at Algarrobo or most other Malaga centres.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Theres an update on CAB and n332 sites about how long of an extension you get for your itv. Its all double dutch to me. Anyone seen it and can explain in english what the dates are

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:35 pm

According to "VEISA, the Andalucian ITV authority" Car Owners whose ITV expired during the State of Alarm and had an Appointment Booked and then Cancelled, will be sent a SMS stating that a Booking can be made for the Vehicle concerned as soon as possible. Once this Backlog has been cleared then Car Owners whose ITV expired during the State of Alarm and had not booked an Appointment will be sent an SMS to request them to make an Appointment to book their Vehicle in for a Test. This is how I have read the lastest News Release. What do other Forum Members think or know about this matter.

David

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 16, 2020 1:59 pm

My garage man takes my car for me and he said that although the website is now up and running again for Algarrobo it won't actually come online for appointments until Monday 18th. My first ITV was due at the end of April so I guess I shall just have to see when the first date can be arranged. Not much you can do if they're going to have a huge backlog of awaiting cars. There were problems in getting an appointment just before lockdown started, so I hope they will have enough staff to cope.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 16, 2020 2:19 pm

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 16, 2020 2:30 pm

First date available for my son's retest is mid June.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat May 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Thanks for the link. :thumbup:
The ITV renewal, on my wife's car, is due on 24th June.
So, assuming I have read it correctly, the due date will be extended by something like 8 months.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun May 17, 2020 9:02 am

The calendar for ITV Mijas is open but, as of this moment, only a few slots for Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.