How long has it been since you last filled up the car

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

How long has it been since you last filled up the car

Postby markwilding » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:12 pm

I don't normally have to put petrol in the car less than every 5 weeks. but The last time I filled up was right at the beginning of March and the dial still says it's about a third full.
I can't remember exactly what the price was but I think I paid about 1.40 per litre, However, during the last months I've seen it drop down the 1.08 at my local Eroski and now it seems to be creeping up again.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: How long has it been since you last filled up the car

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Bit pricey up there....today’s price in Carrefour San Javier is £1.06, which after the 8% discount for Socios would cost me £0.975?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Yesterday going to granada. Saved about €1,600 on all expenses during lockdown.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Slightly off topic but I really think peoples will change the way they go about business and in their private life. A friend is saving £30000 a month on fuel, hotels, flight and food etc for his staff. He has a massive company but he reckons it will never be the same now they realise you can work remotely a lot of the time.

I filled my car up 5 weeks ago and I still have 3 quarters of a tank.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Costakid and companies will realise they only need maybe 2/3rds of the office space. Maybe itcould become real low cost housing

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:13 pm

Hola

I filled up this morning and I filled up about 5pm this evening after a five hour drive

Davexf

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:39 pm

Davexf, you must either have a small tank, a terrible consumption, or you have gone outside your autonimous region!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:22 am

We usually fill our cars about once a month but I last filled mine right at the beginning of lockdown as the petrol light had come on during my last trip out pre-lockdown. I've still got loads left. We topped up my OH's car with 20€ in April and that's still got loads left too.

We've not spent much on the car but the shopping bills have gone up for food. That's not because we haven't been eating out because we don't usually on a regular basis, this is just extra quality stuff at home :) No holds barred on fine wines, smoked salmon and steak :thumbup: :lol: During the initial part of lockdown there wasn't any else we could do anyway, but eat.

We've not spent much at all generally but that's also due to our trips being cancelled for now as well. We may well still go away if we can fly as the OH needs to see his dad and I still need to doing our yearly check on our tenants, so I'm sure we'll make up for it.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:39 pm Davexf, you must either have a small tank, a terrible consumption, or you have gone outside your autonimous region!
Hola

How many hours can you drive on a tank full? my tank full does around 800 Kms so after five hours and nearing my destination, I refilled my tank for the journey home. I might add that on arriving home, I refilled the tank once more for a much shorter trip (only three hours)

Davexf

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 pm

As I said, 800kms would surely take you out of Cadiz province? And I work that average speed out to be around 160kph?

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:18 am

Hola

Yes under the current rules, we can travel outside our province but not out of Andalucía which is a very large area.

To reiterate I filled up in the morning, drove five hours and filled up as I would not have sufficient fuel for the return journey. Now at the end of the five hour return journey, I will fill up again as I won't have sufficient fuel for a three hour journey and the three hour return.

Davexf

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:08 am

We filled both cars pre-lockdown, and topped up one of them yesterday 'because we were passing'.

Alot less than the normal 2x a month :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.