New Tráfico app

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

New Tráfico app

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:58 pm

DGT have introduced a nice new app called MiDGT available on iOS and Android. You do need a digital sig or preferably Cl@ve to set it up. It shows you all the details that they hold about you and your vehicles etc. It shows your driving licence details direct from their database and that is acceptable to them if you are stopped and asked for ID.

It shows all your vehicle details including your next ITV date. It allows you to access various options available from DGT such as a report on any other vehicle that you might be wishing to purchase such as its ITV record and any outstanding fines or embargo’s etc.

Looks like a very useful app to me. It’s a pity it doesn’t include details of their mobile radars and road blocks! You can, of course get that crowd sourced info from the Socialdrive app.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Tráfico app

Postby elusive » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:16 pm

Thanks cid. Talking of roadblocks there was a big one on the motorway just outside maro going east this morning. Lots of G.C, very heavily armed with a look out car a few km before. They had pulled over lots of high end cars and had stingers to hand so were obviously waiting for someone.
Last edited by elusive on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:42 pm

Can you give a few more details of the app. When i search googleplay for midgt the only app with this title that appears is tagged as 'non official'. The other with dgt in it's name doesn't appear to do much at all after you add you car's reg numbers.

Is there a direct link on the dgt website perchance?
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:08 pm

You can only download it from the Apple App Store or Google Play. In the case of Apple, you need an account linked to the Spanish App Store and to sign into that. It’s easy to have two accounts, one for the UK site and one for Spain. I don’t know about Google though.

As I said, you will need a cl@ve to set it up. Once validated you can access via touch or Face ID with no need to get a cl@ve every time.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:47 am

casita-bonita wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:42 pm When i search googleplay for midgt the only app with this title that appears is tagged as 'non official'.
Search for midgt official and you will find it.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:11 am

Errr nope, still only get the 'no official' app showing up, even if i turn off my vpn. Maybe something to do with my googleplay account setup..

Can't find it on apkpure or aptoide either..
Regards

Bob

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 am

Sort of found it.. Google search for midgt comes up with this page on the dgt website
https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/appmidgt/

There is a link to the app on googleplay. However the app page says not available in my country...

Subsequently found it on another app repository. Installed successfully, now need to figure out how to get cl@ve.. Job for later today.
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:45 am

casita-bonita wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 am However the app page says not available in my country...
OK, it looks like you have your google account set up with a UK address?
As Sid said earlier, set up another Google account with a Spanish address and use that one to access Google Play.
That is what I do. So I just switch accounts depending on whether I need UK or Spanish only apps.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:27 am

That's the plan now we are back from our daily walkabout... Thanks Gerry
Regards

Bob

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:50 am

Be careful you can only change your Google Play country once every 6 months. I recommend setting up a second account. I have 4 accounts on my phone for Google play and switch between themwithin Google Play as I need

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:57 am

That is why I, and Sid, said set up a new google account. I don't think anybody suggested changing the country on an existing Google account.
I have 8 different Google accounts for various different purposes.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:03 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:50 am Be careful you can only change your Google Play country once every 6 months. I recommend setting up a second account. I have 4 accounts on my phone for Google play and switch between themwithin Google Play as I need
That's why i didn't want to change my main account. I thought it was 12 months tho.

Another new account created, spanish this time. Log in to googleplay and the app is there, along with a splashscreen for covidradar.

Now to investigate getting the cl@ve.... Give me something to do this afternoon.
Regards

Bob

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Hi casita-bonita,

"Now to investigate getting the cl@ve.... Give me something to do this afternoon."...........afternoon with you...........

https://clave.gob.es/clave_Home/en/registro.html
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:15 pm

I set up my google accounts in the uk yet i can see the app and many other spanish ones. New phone bought in spain makes a difference??

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:20 pm

In short no.....it's not were you where when you set up the account. Google can learn from may sources where it thinks your account is at the beginning. You may also have changed it through other settings

The easiest thing to do now is to see what country you are set up as.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-co ... lay-store/

Although like I said above I really don't recommend changing accounts.....just set up another for the country you don't have

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:51 pm

Thanks paddy. Abit technical for me. I have a couple of google accounts, and have all the apps i need so wont mess with any settings.if it aint broke and all that.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:53 am

Enrique wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:14 pm Hi casita-bonita,

"Now to investigate getting the cl@ve.... Give me something to do this afternoon."...........afternoon with you...........

https://clave.gob.es/clave_Home/en/registro.html
Of course it could be me being really stupid, but the links from the above page seem to be broken, e.g request letter of invitation results in an error meggage.
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:13 am

Correct, the links do not work in the English version.
Work OK in the Spanish versions.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris