location of fine

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:36 am
Location: Earth

location of fine

Postby qe2ex » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:06 pm

I got a fine that seems to be issued at a location given as "At 92M P.Kilom. 005.0, Address D".

Anyone have any idea on how to decode this to something I can see on the map?

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 8743
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: location of fine

Postby Enrique » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi qe2ex,
Have a play on the DGT site...............Example

https://www.dgt.es/es/el-trafico/camara ... 75-c.shtml

Some Radars..........not seeing anything of interest here.........

https://www.dgt.es/images/INFORME_CINEM ... 210412.pdf

No doubt the Speedy Members will be able to put you right............... :evil:
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

pensure1988
Resident
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: Estepona

Re: location of fine

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi

You will have to work out from Enrique's links above what roads you have traveled on recently and what were their route nos. This will be a starting point for you.

David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 10847
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:11 pm
Location: Guadalhorce Valley

Re: location of fine

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:32 am

Is this a Google translation of the location or is it how it was sent to you by DGT?

I would read this as being the A92M about 5 km from either Loja or Puerto de las Pedrizas in the direction in which the kilometre post numbers decrease. I don't know which way the numbers run on that road.

pensure1988
Resident
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: Estepona

Re: location of fine

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:45 am

Hi

This is the actual DGT website. You can change the language at the top righthand corner. Sorry, do know how the kilometres work on that road. You will have to ask the Traffic police that question

Good luck

David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 10847
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:11 pm
Location: Guadalhorce Valley

Re: location of fine

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:32 am

When you change the language it just activates a Google translation in the same way as AEAT and others. That is why the so-called translations often result in meaningless garbage and why there is usually a disclaimer (as on the AEAT site) that in the event of any dispute the original Spanish text will prevail.

Does the automatic translation also convert decimal points from commas into full stops? This can make a huge difference when dealing with numbers and figures hence the disclaimer.

I think the km post numbers decrease as you approach puerta de las Pedrizas but I am not sure. Neither can one be sure if 005.0 is five kilometres of a half of a kilometre.

If the OP still has a problem with the location of the offence could he please post it in Spanish in order to avoid any confusion.

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 8743
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: location of fine

Postby Enrique » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:00 am

Hi,

https://www.dgt.es/es/el-trafico/

There is a reference to location "A-92M Pk 0.505 D" on DGT site but not seeing "At 92M P.Kilom. 005.0, Address D"......... :?:
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:36 am
Location: Earth

Re: location of fine

Postby qe2ex » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:32 am Is this a Google translation of the location or is it how it was sent to you by DGT?

I would read this as being the A92M about 5 km from either Loja or Puerto de las Pedrizas in the direction in which the kilometre post numbers decrease. I don't know which way the numbers run on that road.
Yes, sorry, it was a translation (I use Google Chrome, which automatically translates, though one can tell it not too). The Spanish
text is: "A 92M P.Kilom. 005,0, Dirección D".

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 7283
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: location of fine

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 pm

I got really angry with my son recently for receiving a fine while in Barcelona during the early December holiday. I was most angry because he had broken the lockdown rules and had travelled so far,

Turned out that after a review of the photos available on the website, the offending car was a white Seat whereas his car is a dark grey Hyundai. The number plate recognition had confused a Y for a V

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm
Location: Madrid

Re: location of fine

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:35 pm

qe2ex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 pm
Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:32 am Is this a Google translation of the location or is it how it was sent to you by DGT?

I would read this as being the A92M about 5 km from either Loja or Puerto de las Pedrizas in the direction in which the kilometre post numbers decrease. I don't know which way the numbers run on that road.
Yes, sorry, it was a translation (I use Google Chrome, which automatically translates, though one can tell it not too). The Spanish
text is: "A 92M P.Kilom. 005,0, Dirección D".
I read it slightly differently the A92 M runs from A92 to A45. Descending km numbers puts you travelling north away from puerto de las pedrizas. Km5 is outside the Yesos factory but I don't recall any fixed camera there.

So either it is A a new camera, or B do the Trafico now send fines from mobile cameras without actually having to stop you?

Or option C....I am completely wrong.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm
Location: Madrid

Re: location of fine

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:54 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 pm I got really angry with my son recently for receiving a fine while in Barcelona during the early December holiday. I was most angry because he had broken the lockdown rules and had travelled so far,

Turned out that after a review of the photos available on the website, the offending car was a white Seat whereas his car is a dark grey Hyundai. The number plate recognition had confused a Y for a V
I got an email from a 3rd party website I had registered on telling me I was published in the Lerida Bulletin. An unpaid traffic infraction in Lérida, no more details. I presumed it was a scam especially as never got any DGT email, I am registered there to get an email if fined.

Next day Linea Direct email telling me the same thing. So I thought I better check it out. Called Linea and asked them any details please. All they could tell from the Bulletin was what was published which was other halfs NIE and the number of the fine. I knew it wasn't us as we have never been to Lérida since we bought a Spanish car

They sent the entry page from the Bulletin, no other details. No time, no date, no location not even which car it was. Or any details of what type of infraction.

I asked linea what to do. I had to send them a photo of the back of each car we own (all are in other halfs name) and a copy of the Permiso de Circulacion. So sent off papers and Linea called back a few days later, I presumed to tell me all was sorted. No.....they called to say they had sent the papers to (Lérida or Dgt I don't really know who ) and that I would hear back. I asked when...reply was up to a year. Guy at linea said don't worry most of the time it is a clerical error where somebody makes an error copying the details from one system to another.

Linea followed up with a letter telling me if a year passes and I hear nothing then I should contact Linea. So a year passed and I emailed Linea. They replied that now they will start the process to quash it. That was last November.

Moral of the story...that little add on the insurance company charge 10 EUR for management of traffic fines....take it! I wouldn't of had a clue what to do otherwise.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests