Sale of a non-resident Spanish Plated Car to a Resident.

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
pensure1988
Resident

Sale of a non-resident Spanish Plated Car to a Resident.

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:09 pm

A friend of mine ,who is a Non-Resident, wants to sell her Spanish Plated Car, to a Spanish Resident(British ExPat). She is a property owner who is selling up and moving back to UK.

How difficult is it to do Change of Ownership on this Car. Can the Proceeds be paid in Sterling in UK.

Thank You

David

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Sale of a non-resident Spanish Plated Car to a Resident.

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:01 pm

I hope it should not be a problem, as the Spanish plated car I bought for my wife, we are both residents, was owned by a non-resident, who moved back to the UK.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:25 am

We did just this before Covid kicked off. We sold our Spanish plated car to a Spanish family when we sold our casa.

As part of the contract for sale (as the car was being sold at a very fair price) we insisted they they did the change over and insisted we see the proof of the paperwork before we handed car over.

It worked fine, we went across and they had indeed got all the paperwork for the swap in order. They took and payed for the car on last day of our trip.
Money was paid to our Currency Direct account.

We'd heard too many tales of woe regarding car sales and the vehicle remaining in the previous owners name, with all the grief that goes with it.

We simply could not have been bothered getting paperwork done ourselves as well as prepping house for sale and all that went with it.

It all worked well!
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:41 am

All the seller has to do is inform DGT about the sale using the relevant form, to prevent any future unpleasant surprises.

No premission needed from buyer to do this.