Slk

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
phototext
Andalucia.com Amigo

Slk

Postby phototext » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:26 pm

I have a 2012 Mercedes Slk which I would like to import to Spain. I’m not a resident 90 days only. Does anyone know what the costs of conversion, insurance and import would be? Thanks

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Slk

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 pm

depends on a few things but 3000 euro springs to mind. Speedo KMs, fog light, headlamps dipping to right

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Slk

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:43 pm

costakid wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 pm depends on a few things but 3000 euro springs to mind. Speedo KMs, fog light, headlamps dipping to right
Unless things have changed there's no need to modify the speedo. Didnt when i imported my Merc years ago. I fact my current Smat is a uk import and the speedo is mph..

When i imported the Merc I had to sort the headlights, they needed replacing, more modern ones may well just need adjusting or flicking a switch. The rear fog light needed switching to the other side, which simply needed a wire added. Finally i had to remove dark film on rear windows.

You will need a certificate of conformance, or a report from a licensed engineer if you can't get hold of the certificate.

I had a gestor handle the transfer to spanish plates.
Regards

Bob